• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Stick with it. The Walking Dead is a massive phenomenon which started with Robert Kirkman's comic published through Image. It recently reached its 100th issue, and is one of the best performing modern indie comics to date. Kirkman's writing on the whole is stellar, and while the TV show deviates quite a bit from the comic book it's no bad thing. The story is more based on human interaction in the face of a holocaust, the zombies are actually quite incidental, but being a big zombie fan it's a massive plus to me. The series is very character driven and I guarantee you'll get into it as it's bloody brilliant, season 3 is due to start on FX just after Halloween I believe and it's looking like it'll be the best one yet.

Cracking TV.

The trailer for series 3 looks excellent.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes and found them most entertaining, the bit with the axe in ep2 however was pretty gross.

The trailer for series 3 looks excellent.

Having been an avid reader of the comic I know the main storyline that's being introduced, and if it's half as good as the comics it will be brilliant. If they manage to screen some of the scenes that happened in the comics I'll be very surprised, it was disturbing enough to read.

Got the first two seasons of Justified and the third is on its way. Hopefully get to start watching them tonight.

Watched that "accidently leaked" pilot of John Favreau's Revolution
Spos'd to be the new "lost"...bout the planet 15 years after electricity has stopped working (or has it)
Bad acting,crap lead roles,crap script.

Probaly last a few seasons.

Right now........Yes
8 days time........Nope

I've bought some fruit in readiness. Tinned, naturally.

Throw it after 5 seconds, saves me the time and effort

I'm training Owen to throw overarm at the moment. Especially for the event.

Paddylite - Relying on the kids

I've got to hold the camera steady.

Right now........Yes
8 days time........Nope

If you're referring to speeches, I have the perfect opening line that renders the content of the rest of it neither here nor there.

I'm hearing good things about a new ABC show called Last Resort:

At first the premise doesn't promise anything original. The first 20 minutes is very similar to the excellent Tony Scott movie, "Crimson Tide" as we have a nuclear US sub off the coast of Pakistan which receives surprising orders to launch nukes at Pakistan. The captain (played superbly by the always reliable Andre Braugher) questions the authenticity of the orders & suddenly the **** hits the fan & they become under attack... but by whom?

Thankfully things suddenly become suprisingly fresh & original when the sub decides to anchor themselves at a nearby inhabited island & the plot goes off in an intriguing direction that has potential if handled well. This shouldn't be a problem as we have the reliable Shawn Ryan behind this. Plenty of other recognisable actors in various roles including plenty of lady eye-candy.

Probably the best US network pilot i've seen in the last few years. Good FX, well directed (By Martin Cambell), decent acting & an actual premise that feels fresh & has potential.

It does look decent. Shawn Ryan (The Shield) at the helm makes me more confident too. The pilot has been released legally online by Yahoo so it's out there if you wanted to see it, or it starts in the US next Thursday night.

I shall definitely be checking it out.

That looks decent, but I'll have to download it or go through a proxy, as the pilot isn't available in the UK.

Bones started S08 last night, so I'm going to watch it over lunch.

Back