• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Of course it will. It's the new Flash Forward IMO.

I reckon Terra Nova would have picked up if it were given a second season....what with the impending interdimensional / intertimeline war, etc.

Agreed. Great series. Bit heavy on the religion but great nonetheless.

Battlestar Galactica is on my watch list, but a few years away at this rate.

The Shield is also a must if you haven't seen it.

I'm on ep.2 of S1 of The Shield. Enjoying it so far.

Never watched The Shield. Looking forward to Treme and Boardwalk Empire returning this month.

Battlestar Galactica - I will never understand how the American audiences tolerated it. The "heroes"' the humans, were effectively poorly armed terrorists who had a strange set of religious beliefs up against the mighty cylons with their massive weapons advantage who believed in one god.

If ever there was a show that played on uncomfortable metaphors, this was it. The episodes where they were holed up on a desert like plane beholden to their Cylon masters with a puppet government were unreal.

Seriously courageous television for the US.

Nail on the head as normal. The allegories within it are seriously scary - especially with the shoe being on the other foot.

You lucky git having all that to watch ahead of you.

I've watched the first three now. Slow to start but it's building nicely and I've got no idea what's to come so im looking forward to it.

The Shield is also a must if you haven't seen it.

Probably my favourite TV show of all time. Watched them all about four or five times and got the lot on DVD. I doubt anything will ever beat it to be honest.

Back