• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

At the minute, my missus is watching Citizen Khan on BBC iPlayer. It's so funny and very stereotypical towards muslims.

At the minute, my missus is watching Citizen Khan on BBC iPlayer. It's so funny and very stereotypical towards muslims.

I watched that the other night and thought it was quite decent although it got a lot of complaints from a fair few muslims.

Caught up with a Touch of Cloth last night. Loved it. BTW wasn't it 'Paddy and Max'?

Sky have been showing Airplane over the bank holiday. Police Squad is one of my all time favourite comedy series.

New series of Doctor Who today. I bet Langers has nigh on ripped his cock clean off in excitement!

New series of Doctor Who today. I bet Langers has nigh on ripped his cock clean off in excitement!

Yep great isnt it :)

ps. note to self, paint something, so I can watch it dry !

There's a series called The British starting this Thursday on Sky Atlantic. Has pretty good reviews so I'll give it a go.

And yes - I'm VERY excited about the return of Mr Smith on BBC1 later. Daleks too - I love Daleks.

The Revolution Will Be Televised has had a very good start. Best stuff of this type since the days of The Mark Thomas Comedy Product.

Really enjoying the Sky Atlantic series on Sky Pro Cycling "Road to Glory"

I've never really been that interested in Cycling but like a lot of folk, the events of the last few months have sparked an interest and a massive dose of respect for those that do it.

Really enjoying the Sky Atlantic series on Sky Pro Cycling "Road to Glory"

I've never really been that interested in Cycling but like a lot of folk, the events of the last few months have sparked an interest and a massive dose of respect for those that do it.

I've got this ready to watch on the Sky box.

Also, series 2 of The Borgias has started really well - a bit behind so have only watched the first 3 but plenty of blood, guts and Jeremy Irons being creepy. Top show.

There was a good programme on BBC3 last night (phrases you never hear #756) about putting a band together made up entirely of Tourettes sufferers. All of these guys had really bad tics, physical and verbal, but as soon as they played or sang, they stopped ticcing. It was amazing to watch. One guy also used roller blades, and was fine as long as he had the skates on his feet, but as soon as he took them off, he was jerking and shouting like a good 'un.

The best bit was when all six finally met up and set each other off. Six people sat in a row swearing and jumping around and having a right laugh. Comedy gold.

It did feel a bit like a kids documentary with Reggie Yates presenting, but I guess the fact that every so often someone shouts "Tit wank!" put it after the watershed. I reckon it'll all go a bit X Factor next week when they start working with their musical coaches, but last night's episode is well worth catching.

Show coming from Canada soon called Contiuum. Thoroughly enjoyable sci fi yarn. Rachel Nichols. Yum

Also saw a pilot for Revolution, JJ ahbrams latest. Set 15 yrs after all electrical devices stop working. Fans of Jericho and Book of Eli will enjoy.

I thought Continuum was okay, but Revolution looks good. There's a shed load of shows starting in the next couple of weeks and Sons of Anarchy starts again tonight, whoop whoop! Perception is a good show, although the FBI agent looks barely out of nappies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19429837 <-- A 'short' on that touretts thingy.

Continuum looked dull to me.

Revolution looks like the usual "drip fed a tiny bit every end of episode sci-fi conspiracy" in the background while we focus on teenage angst in the foreground. Yawn.

I too am looking forward to shows starting up again for the Fall schedule. Boardwalk Empire is this Sunday and Big Bang Theory is only a couple of weeks away too.

Red Dwarf needs to step up to the plate if it is to remove the tragedy of Back to Earth from my memory.

Revolution looks like the usual "drip fed a tiny bit every end of episode sci-fi conspiracy" in the background while we focus on teenage angst in the foreground. Yawn.

I too am looking forward to shows starting up again for the Fall schedule. Boardwalk Empire is this Sunday and Big Bang Theory is only a couple of weeks away too.

http://eztv.it/countdown/

I'll keep watching Continuum and Revolution but at the moment I prefer the likes of Alphas, Warehouse 13, etc...both of which I might start watching this afternoon.

I use this site Pablo:

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

Add the shows you watch to your filter and it gives you a calendar of when all your episodes are on.

Set to UK time, It looks like this:

lf8f_064_u939i.jpg

Last edited:

Continuum is excellent. Seen all 10.

Revolution depends if it goes all Terra Nova.

Back