• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Humans has been a bit of a let down for me. Way too unsubtle and not a single likeable, humourous, character (maybe apart from the old doc). It'sd a great premise, but ultimately the story is not clever enough, nor told well enough. They should have got Brooker in to make it - would've been loads better! I'll stick with it though in the hope it gets a bit twisted up along the way.

Did you think it looked like Viv contaminatd the scene by placing one of Dinah's hairs on the body at the end? There seemed to be a very deliberate action of that kind, which left me a little confused...

Yes looked like deliberate contamination & wasn't sure that Dinah had noticed at first. Then again at the end the two of them & the Sergeant (name escapes me, obviously made a big impression) agreed that they were OK with it inferring that they have an agreement to cover for each other

Just watched the pilot of Mr Robot after every single person online who saw it said it was really good. And it was. Very good.

Young bloke is an antisocial hacker who works for a cyber security firm protecting the big evil corporations he hates. He hacks his friends and colleagues online presences and finds out their secrets. And it goes on from there. Christian Slater is in it too.

Definitely one to watch when it appears on whatever channel. 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Made by Universal Cable and shown on USA Network so God knows who'll pick it up over here and when.

For those that download though like Vis, go get it and watch it now. One of the best pilots I've seen for ages. It's already been picked up for a second season just based on the first episode.

Caught up on the last episode of Gadget Man. Had me in stitches!

Blimey. Rachel Riley's arse in a pink dress on Cats Does Countdown town tonight. Stunning.

I appreciate the female form if that's what you mean.

She looked like a trampy teenager. No style whatsoever. I prefer her in the goalie kit!

Watched the first episode of Portlandia last night (just got Netflix). Not quite sure what to make of it. Quirky and kind of funny, I guess. Might take a while to get into.

When it's funny, it's absolutely hilarious. When it's not, it's fucking unwatchable. There really aren't any skits that fall between those extremes.

Glad I stuck with Sense 8. It's actually getting to the point now, four episodes in. Spent far too long with character introductions etc. Pretty good now.

Also highly recommend Wayward Pines. It's pretty different, but really well executed. Again, you probably need to do the first two episodes back to back in order to get hooked.

Just watched the pilot of Mr Robot after every single person online who saw it said it was really good. And it was. Very good.

Young bloke is an antisocial hacker who works for a cyber security firm protecting the big evil corporations he hates. He hacks his friends and colleagues online presences and finds out their secrets. And it goes on from there. Christian Slater is in it too.

Definitely one to watch when it appears on whatever channel. 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Made by Universal Cable and shown on USA Network so God knows who'll pick it up over here and when.

For those that download though like Vis, go get it and watch it now. One of the best pilots I've seen for ages. It's already been picked up for a second season just based on the first episode.
Just watching this. Very good stuff, certainly enough to make me watch more.

It's on Wed nights from this week in the US if you download stuff. Ep 2 next week obvs.

It's on Wed nights from this week in the US if you download stuff. Ep 2 next week obvs.
Got it stored in my faves on the Genesis App so that should update the episodes for me. Will probably leave it a few weeks so I can watch a couple back to back.

Main character has a "Dexter" feel but without the killing.

Yeah he's an odd one ain't he. Got some googly eyes too.

The eyes are mad. His first proper scene in the Cafe they were off doing their own thing.

Just had to look up Genesis. How does that work? Does it download/stream the shows and cast it to your TV?

I have Genesis through Kodi on my PC. Basically it's YouTube for TV and films.

Just had to look up Genesis. How does that work? Does it download/stream the shows and cast it to your TV?
Got it on a DROID box and it just Streams but I think I can download as well.

'Under The Dome' back tonight - maybe just a bit too long since the last series & no recap - have just spent an hour watching something that made no real sense with random new characters wandering in.

Maybe it will become clearer in future weeks

Back