• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Finished Daredevil on Netflix last night.

Excellent stuff. Very gritty and very violent at times, and doesn't pull any punches or get involved in any tweeny romance crap. It's how a proper superhero show should be. Dark and edgy. D'Onofrio is great as the Kingpin character.

Absolutely. Really enjoyed it.

Yeah I also think Melisandre will resurrect Jon Snow, like Dennis Pennis did in S3, who was also a member of the Lord Of The Light or whatever it's called. She thinks Stannis is dead so needs someone else to cling on to now. Some wag elsewhere suggested that since Melisandre tied to cop off with him earlier in the season she would probably ride him back to life :icon_lol:

They set up the whole Alister Thorne hating Jon and his decisions throughout the season so no surprise they used him to do the deed.

I expected Shireen to get burnt but thought Melisandre and his mother would do it behind Stannis' back.

Oh and Ramsey's bitch had rather satisfying faceplant didn't she!

I just can't believe they will totally get rid of Jon Snow who is absolutely integral to the whole thing. It's different to Ned Stark - I think we'll see plenty of things that happened over the last 5 series culminating in some kind of resurrection - be it via Melisandre or even as a warg and live on as Ghost or something like that? Why didn't they burn the body either? That was a bit careless.

We also didn't see Stannis actually die. Total guesswork here because we've not reached this far in the books but I wonder if something else happens there?

I think Ramsey's bitch was quite fit in a sadistic nutcase type of way, but yeah - great death there!!

Stannis is now desperate though. The show has made it clear that he they are running out of food, the men are all freezing and they had loads of horses killed. Davos said they don't have enough food to get back to Castle Black so Stannis has to put everything into one final push now. Since he's desperate he'll do anything to fulfill his "destiny", even if that means torching his daughter.

Obviously behind with all of this but I agree with the above. I like what they did with Stannis and the way Selyse did a u-turn regarding her daughter. As Bear says - desperation.

I would totally disagree with Lycan about the divergence from the books - I think the majority of the changes have been good. The one I have the most problem with is Sansa's storyline in season 5 - it's almost like they're making her suffer too much. Give the poor girl a break!!

Right then, caught up on the first 5 episodes of Wayward Pines and it is pretty good so far. I was quite impressed with the plot reveal in the last episode, I was worried they would drag it out before revealing what the hell was going on.

I have True Detective recorded on the Sky box to watch this evening. Not sure what to expect really. The 1st series was superb but I have my doubts about Farrell and Vaughn especially. I'll give it a chance though as the 1st series completely changed my opinion on McConaughey.

Anybody been watching Jordskott? I have it on Series Link but as yet haven't watched any of it.

First episode of True Detective was decent. Set the series up nicely. David More looked a bit "odd" though...

Watched the first episode of Portlandia last night (just got Netflix). Not quite sure what to make of it. Quirky and kind of funny, I guess. Might take a while to get into.

I don't know why, but I watched that Suspicious Parents programme last night - 2 kids off to uni for the first time with their parents spying on them in their first few days away from home.

Why I didn't turn it off I don't know as it really wound me up but FFS, I really hope I'm not as distrustful and nosey when the time comes for my kids to leave home.

Last episode of 'No Offence' - enjoyed this & another series for next year.

Did you think it looked like Viv contaminatd the scene by placing one of Dinah's hairs on the body at the end? There seemed to be a very deliberate action of that kind, which left me a little confused...

Did you think it looked like Viv contaminatd the scene by placing one of Dinah's hairs on the body at the end? There seemed to be a very deliberate action of that kind, which left me a little confused...

Was it just to ensure that any other hairs in there of hers could be discounted as she was at the crime scene after the event? It seemed that Dinah knew she was taking hair. It was a disappointing end for me as there would be huge amounts of evidence to lead an investigation back to them all.

I may have mastered it albeit in a bastardised fashion.

Watched the first episode of Portlandia last night (just got Netflix). Not quite sure what to make of it. Quirky and kind of funny, I guess. Might take a while to get into.
I'm a fan of Portlandia but I am probably biased as

1. I am slightly obsessed with Portland, Oregon.
2. The guitarist from Sleater-Kinney co-wrote and stars in it.

It is a bit weird but I find it amusing. For some reason the name of the hide and seek team, The Sherlock Homies, really tickled me in the first episode.

I'm a fan of Portlandia but I am probably biased as

1. I am slightly obsessed with Portland, Oregon.
2. The guitarist from Sleater-Kinney co-wrote and stars in it.

It is a bit weird but I find it amusing. For some reason the name of the hide and seek team, The Sherlock Homies, really tickled me in the first episode.

Is the SK guitarist the main woman?

Was it just to ensure that any other hairs in there of hers could be discounted as she was at the crime scene after the event? It seemed that Dinah knew she was taking hair. It was a disappointing end for me as there would be huge amounts of evidence to lead an investigation back to them all.

I may have mastered it albeit in a bastardised fashion.

That makes sense I guess. It was all wrapped up a bit too quickly in a "get ready for series 2" kinda way for my liking.

Two things.

A. Really enjoying Humans. Fantastic premise, and pretty gripping.

B. I hate having t wait a week between shows. No need for it in this day and age!

B. I hate having t wait a week between shows. No need for it in this day and age!

Even worse is when they take a break in the middle of a season!

I hate waiting between shows and now usually wait until I have 4 or 5 episodes recorded on the box before I start watching a series.

Just finished s1 of Peaky Blinders.

Terrible accents but great program.

Back