• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Has anyone been watching No Offence? I think it's the last one next week. Really enjoyed it so far. Great characters and clever enough story without being up it's own arse. The scene has been really well set for the conclusion - can't wait!

Has anyone been watching No Offence? I think it's the last one next week. Really enjoyed it so far. Great characters and clever enough story without being up it's own arse. The scene has been really well set for the conclusion - can't wait!

It has been excellent. I missed the first half of last nights episode and the plots had moved on so much I think I will need to watch it in full to fill in the missing gaps.

Watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed them. Have the rest on record so hopefully will get round to them soon.

Right, lets sort out this spoilers nonsense.
Watch the programmes or don't read this thread, it's like Langers and his Game of Thrones blanket ban, just because he's two weeks behind no one else can discuss it, on any medium !

ps. this has nothing to do with the fact I tried to do one of those spoiler boxes.....and failed miserably :)

Watch the programmes or don't read this thread, it's like Langers and his Game of Thrones blanket ban, just because he's two weeks behind no one else can discuss it, on any medium !

ps. this has nothing to do with the fact I tried to do one of those spoiler boxes.....and failed miserably :)
I do agree with this, to be honest.
Seems a bit unfair to say "all you can't discuss it cos I haven't watched it yet". Do people have to start getting permission to post stuff?
I avoid the footy results most weekends so it is a surprise on motd. I don't check out the forum for this reason.

Spoilers are fine as long as they aren't book spoilers. People want to discuss recent episodes so Langers will have to avoid them carefully.

Right on! Espeically when it's a current scheduled programme broadcast on terrestrial TV.

I do agree with this, to be honest.
Seems a bit unfair to say "all you can't discuss it cos I haven't watched it yet". Do people have to start getting permission to post stuff?
I avoid the footy results most weekends so it is a surprise on motd. I don't check out the forum for this reason.

Yeah, it's not difficult.

I often record televised football matches so I stay off Twitter and avoid the live match thread on here until I've caught up, though I have at times been screwed by stupidly opening group chats on my phone without thinking that those involved may have been watching or some bastard texting me about something untoward that happened in the game.

I am another fan of this though sometimes struggle with the dialogue - could be due to being from the deep south (either that or my hearings starting to go).

Multiple plotlines can get confusing at times, but one of the few programmes that I timetable in

Finished Daredevil on Netflix last night.

Excellent stuff. Very gritty and very violent at times, and doesn't pull any punches or get involved in any tweeny romance crap. It's how a proper superhero show should be. Dark and edgy. D'Onofrio is great as the Kingpin character.

I suspect that that is the end of my viewing then.

No rationale for it, but he just irritates me to the point that I have to turn off.

Totally agree. I cannot stand Chris Evans at all so I won't be watching. Shame as I loved Clarkson top gear.

Caught up with GoT (avoided this thread all week).

Wowzers.

Okay - my thoughts and what I think is going to happen (no spoilers from the books - I'll do that in another post):

I reckon Jon Snow is dead, but won't stay dead. Melisandre is conveniently back on The Wall - she'll do to him what Thoros of Myr did to Beric Dondarrion and he'll be resurrected. She's already spoken to him before a few times and clearly sees something in him which makes a resurrection worthwhile.

Personally, I thought to use Ser Allister Thorne as one of the main plotters was a bit of a cop out - too obvious. The young kid - fine. That would have worked better but Throne should have been kept out of it.

The Arya plotline was brilliant in this series - particularly that last episode. I liked how they made Ser Meryn as unlikeable as possible before dishing out a particularly unpleasant death. Brilliant scene.

Also liked the Daenerys storyline. The end of episode 9 in particular was awesome.

Shireen and Selyse - I really didn't think that was going to happen. The most shocking scene in the series for me. Just tragic.

The season did start rather slowly, but the last 3 episodes were amazing and definitely saved what could have been a disappointing season. By the end of the last episode, it seemed every scene had something going on.

And book related stuff for us book nerds:

It seems that Jon Snow/Stannis/Daenerys/Tyrion/Arya/Sansa have either caught up with or are even slightly ahead of where they are at the end of the last book. So I wonder if we'll see book 6 before season 6? There are still loads of things that haven't been seen yet, but I'm now wondering if we ever will see them?

We have yet to see the Euron/Victarion/Asha(Yara) kingsmoot thing.

Griff/Young Griff haven't been seen yet - I know they changed the Greyscale plot to feature Mormont, but surely they can't completely cut them out of it?

Quentyn Martell hasn't featured yet. I wonder if they'll merge his character with Trystane, and send him to Slavers Bay? Maybe he's got a reason to go now his family have seemingly killed off his bride-to-be?

I didn't think as much would have happened in the last series so I really do think it's possible that GRRM is very close to finishing Winds of Winter, and that'll be out either late this year or early next year before the next season in shown on TV.

GRRM has stated he is really cutting down on all other commitments to get Book 6 out ASAP. Which is great as long as he doesn't finish it and then bin it and start again. He is a meticulous and slow writer unfortunately.

Yeah I also think Melisandre will resurrect Jon Snow, like Dennis Pennis did in S3, who was also a member of the Lord Of The Light or whatever it's called. She thinks Stannis is dead so needs someone else to cling on to now. Some wag elsewhere suggested that since Melisandre tied to cop off with him earlier in the season she would probably ride him back to life :icon_lol:

They set up the whole Alister Thorne hating Jon and his decisions throughout the season so no surprise they used him to do the deed.

I expected Shireen to get burnt but thought Melisandre and his mother would do it behind Stannis' back.

Oh and Ramsey's bitch had rather satisfying faceplant didn't she!

GRRM has stated he is really cutting down on all other commitments to get Book 6 out ASAP. Which is great as long as he doesn't finish it and then bin it and start again. He is a meticulous and slow writer unfortunately.
I read he only writes a page per day or something glacial like that.

Back