• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Nope, downloaded some - more than decent quality. 720p I think.

720p is the minimum you want. Should be around 1.5Gb.

Anyone planning watching Humans on C4 this weekend?
Essentially it's a re-working of the frankenstein idea, but I am everso intrigued by genuine AI, so I'm likely to give it a go.

Yes! Looking forward to it. It seems very Brooker-esque, which I'm all in favour of.

I'm just watching Guitar Star on Sky 1. X-Factor for guitarists. Don't know why there isn't more guitar based programming on the mainstream channels really. All seemed confined to late night BBC4 compilation clip shows. Hope this is good and not too pacified or dumbed down.

Hard to see how it wouldn't become a wank-fest.

Not all guitarists are ego-maniacs :icon_wink:

Not all guitarists are ego-maniacs :icon_wink:

Id like you to back that statement up with statistics, matey :)

Now, bassists, they're the salt of the earth, ego less musicians !!

Id like you to back that statement up with statistics, matey :)

Now, bassists, they're the salt of the earth, ego less musicians !!

We're also morons. :icon_wink:

Very pleased that there's a new series of Deadliest Catch on Discovery at the moment. I love that show.

Very pleased that there's a new series of Deadliest Catch on Discovery at the moment. I love that show.
Watched the first two and another seven to watch I think.

Anybody got anywhere with "sense 8"? Saw ep1 yesterday, and very 'meh'.

All reviews I've read so far said it's slow to start and doesn't get any better. If it wasn't for it being a Wahowskis project I wouldn't even have bothered looking.

Something's not right with the way Freddy left the Wizard. I smell a script.

Bloody 'On demand'
I've now watched the next two weeks worth of Strike Back, so now I've got to wait an eternity to see the next episode :(

Watched the first episode of Wayward Pines last night - very bizarre, but could be good.
Really getting into it now. Although every week they open up a massive plot hole...

Really getting into it now. Although every week they open up a massive plot hole...

It's weird, but good. Not sure Matt Dillon is such a good actor anymore though.

Realised I've already read the book a long time ago, but as far as I can remember they've already covered all the book, so not sure where they will go next.

'Humans' - promising start, interesting concept

I was a bit let down by it. Thought it was going to be more interesting than it actually was. All a bit unsubtle at the moment. Hoping the "clever synth" thing has more layers/complexity than has been demonstrated so far.

'Humans' - promising start, interesting concept

It's started OK, a clear successor to Utopia in style, dialogue and characters. But I still had Bladerunner in my mind throughout the whole programme.

Some sledgehammer sixth form politics type stuff on modern working lives, immigration and despondency of youth unemployment.

I thought it has potential. I liked the philosophical ideas behind. Did feel some parts were a bit pedestrian. But I'll be tuning in next week.

I'm 8 episodes in to Daredevil, which started off a little slow but is really quite good now.

Back