• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine behind stuck behind that banner for the whole game.

It's a disgrace on the club to allow it too.

On a similar theme, just up to Ep.3 of the Beckham documentary where Posh is moaning that at one game 75,000 fans were singing "does she take it up the arse?" Not sure which ground that would have been at or have they over exaggerated the numbers?

1998 no English club ground was near that as the Old Trafford expansion wasn’t complete. Anfield was about 42k. Highbury around 40k

I thought whe was talking about Wembley. But I can't imagine it being sung there unless it was for a Charity Shield, England game or cup final.

I'm sure I remember United fans singing it (I guess the intention was harmless banter rather than out and out abuse) and Becks giving the crowd a little "👌😉" as he went to take a corner

She is picking a random number out to highlight the moment. I doubt she is up on Stadium capacity but probably knows OT holds over 70k these days, so gone with that.

She should know though that football uber geeks will question her knowledge "Sounds horrible Mrs B but it was no more than 40000 singing it so that removes some of the edge to the chant"

She is picking a random number out to highlight the moment. I doubt she is up on Stadium capacity but probably knows OT holds over 70k these days, so gone with that.

She should know though that football uber geeks will question her knowledge "Sounds horrible Mrs B but it was no more than 40000 singing it so that removes some of the edge to the chant"
This was back in the days when you were allowed to have a sense of humour. It stemmed from a sketch on Comic Relief when Ali G was mock-interviewing Posh and Becks and it was his final punchline question. I'd be surprised if it wasn't pre-approved by Becks, at least.

I do love the couple of exchanges we see her and DB have. The way DB closes the door on her after the Rolls Royce exchange is superb.

Edit: Not sure why I quoted you there, but it's done now.

DB comes across a bit odd at times too, the whole way he sorts his clothes out is obsessive, and how he looks after the kitchen too.

I guess he needs new ways to fill his time now after a huge chunk of it is now free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back