• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t they have the right to appeal do would put any deductions on hold?
People keep typing this. It has been specifically stated by the authorities this is independent with no recourse to appeal and no Avenue to CAS. It’s accept the finding or get thrown out.

I posted a while ago that a friend of my mate had been told by Bully that they were gonna be docked a load of points, looks like there might have been something in it.

If the takeover falls through they will be getting nine points anyway. They can’t pay the bills.

This has now been confirmed.
I suspect Newcastle's next step will be to look into how much Milan knew about this investigation (if anything) before they sold him, especially considering the hurry they were in to get him out the door.

Would be a case of tough shit, it's on Newcastle to do their own due diligence.

We didn't get to sue Villa because Tony Daley was permanently knacked when we signed him, it was our fault.

Oh it'll be sub levels of Cardiff trying to get out of paying for Emiliano Sala, but likely won't stop them trying.

Would they be able to withhold some of his wages?

You'd think he'd have to have committed some of the offences while he was contracted to Newcastle for that to be the case.

Brentford have continued to pay Toney in full throughout.

It's a weird world football, I'm not sure what you have to do to be in breach of contract up to the point of being found guilty of a serious crime.

Newcastle’s case will trip over a fairly large caveat emptor hurdle
Depending on what disclosures / warranties were given by Milan as part of the sale (albeit I have no idea what goes into a sale agreement for a footballer)

Depending on what disclosures / warranties were given by Milan as part of the sale (albeit I have no idea what goes into a sale agreement for a footballer)
Like any huge commercial deal I think doing your due diligence is a fairly reasonable expectation

You'd think he'd have to have committed some of the offences while he was contracted to Newcastle for that to be the case.

Brentford have continued to pay Toney in full throughout.
The Guardian are reporting the following..,

Although there are suggestions in Italy that Tonali will not be paid throughout the ban, Newcastle are understood to be reluctant to impose that sanction. It is possible, though, that he may accept a wage cut over the coming months.

I guess Newcastle want to keep him as happy as he’s still their asset and has a few years left on his contract which they’ll want to see value for.

Like any huge commercial deal I think doing your due diligence is a fairly reasonable expectation
If Milan gave a warranty as to the player's disciplinary record, for example, and then didn't make any disclosure against it, that's where Newcastle could have a breach of warranty claim.

That would seem a pretty odd warranty to give though! “Never carded for us, honest guv”. On field disciplinary history is of course a matter of public record.

The only way I can see Newcastle having a good case would be if they submitted some form of enquiries questionnaire to Milan with something like “are you aware of any live or potential upcoming disciplinary or criminal or civil actions where the player may be at fault” and then Milan knew and proceeded to lie in their reply. If they haven’t dug deep enough or asked the right question then it falls on the buyer I guess

Mark Travers recalled by Bournemouth as Fake Neto is injured (and shit, though that doesn't come into it). Means Stoke have lost their first choice keeper and can't sign another one until January.

Don't rely on loan keepers when you can afford to buy one (we know they could, as they agreed a fee with us for Sarkic then pulled out). The one position you seriously should not be dicking about with, having a bad keeper is so obviously noticeable - the Ikeme/Lonergan days for us were painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back