• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Happy Birthday Roberto Baggio
He said this about the missed penalty in World Cup final “I realized that since Brazil has many more inhabitants than Italy, with my mistake, I made more people happy”

Sounds like they were defendinding it as banter,and I'm sure they look at it the same way if I took their cars if they'd left the keys in,or strolled around their house if they left the door open,calm down vinny man it's Bantz aye it

This made me laugh from their forum:

Fingers crossed they were caught speeding, we could do with the three points.

They're as accepting of the drop now as we are of promotion.

Yeah but they didn't like the style of play under Monk...

Pretty damning about Cardiff as well

However they are wearing out Pulising Pulis as a badge of honour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43104964

Oh man, i've just realised, we'll lose Stoke from the top-flight but they'll be replaced by Cardiff to do exactly the same thing.

If we get a decent ref at Cardiff i don't doubt we'll beat them, i just don't think we'll get a decent ref though

Cardiff are the only team I really want use to give a thrashing to,5 would be ace any more a bonus

Hopefully Cardiff will be on TV so their physical tactics will be on show to everyone.

Hopefully Cardiff will be on TV so their physical tactics will be on show to everyone.
Sky love how they play. All part of the game in the Championship apparently

Everyone, as in, other fans. They mainly think we over-react when we say how dirty teams are.

The man city game was a good example. That wasn't at all unusual for a championship game but the general reaction was one of outrage to Cardiff's 'tactics'

Anthony Taylor takes out yellow card, writes Delph's name and number on the card, then produces the red...

Saw it and thought it was like Batths against Brizzle. Called him getting harshly sent off. He wasn't even both feet off the ground.

Very harsh. It's a foul but you're not going to hurt anyone like that.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs

The EFL tying themselves in knots again.

- Why are you closing the window early?
- That rule about "full strength teams" is nonsense. So we played PNE on the final day of last season, neither of us had anything to play for but we would both have effectively been banned from giving any Academy outfield player a debut?
- Why kick the can down the road on 3G pitches when they're sanctioned for Champions League games these days?

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs

The EFL tying themselves in knots again.

- Why are you closing the window early?
- That rule about "full strength teams" is nonsense. So we played PNE on the final day of last season, neither of us had anything to play for but we would both have effectively been banned from giving any Academy outfield player a debut?
- Why kick the can down the road on 3G pitches when they're sanctioned for Champions League games these days?

Fuck sake. Blackburn bleating about Huddersfiled got this 10 outfield players rule in. You cannot in my view ask teams to name a squad then fucking maon when the squad gets used. If Blackburn had come to ours with any ambition last year they would have taken the three points . They didnt and they went down. Fucking tough titty. I am getting really pissed off with rules that have " equal and fair" intentions yet are built on other rules that are nonsense. Club should be able to play who the fuck they like when they like if the league want them to name a squad.

Yeah but Huddersfield threw the game. That’s different to a dead rubber.

It pissed me off because I was on for serious cash if they went down.

$#@! sake. Blackburn bleating about Huddersfiled got this 10 outfield players rule in. You cannot in my view ask teams to name a squad then $#@!ing maon when the squad gets used. If Blackburn had come to ours with any ambition last year they would have taken the three points . They didnt and they went down. $#@!ing tough titty. I am getting really pissed off with rules that have " equal and fair" intentions yet are built on other rules that are nonsense. Club should be able to play who the $#@! they like when they like if the league want them to name a squad.
Championship teams don't name a squad. Huddersfield looked after themselves, but it damaged the integrity of the league. Villa also threw their game against Blackburn to assist in Blues going down as did Pompey at Albion in their 'Great Escape' season.

Back