• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Looks like Blues could fall foul of FFP today, which could mean points deduction.

Buying the league, ay they.

Looks like Blues could fall foul of FFP today, which could mean points deduction.

Will probably just get a transfer ban.

Also looking like Cotterill might be binned as well. Shame as I feel he deserves to see the season out

Floppy bent chops strikes again with another club left in the shit.

Birmingham City losses treble to £17m from July- December.

Redknapped.

And yet the media still love the allegedly bent scrote.

EDIT - Hang on - they lost £17m in FIVE MONTHS???? Holy shit they are absolutely FFP screwed.

N-Doye is on north of £40k a week, so is shit Jota. Harlee Dean probably gets more than Harley Quinn got for Suicide Squad.

Stockdale was first choice keeper for Brighton, they went up to the Premier League and he left of his own will when there was a contract there for him to sign.

So draw your own conclusion from that...

A Blues fan on their forum posted:

£17m is what happens when you bring in 14 players on wages and dont sell any on.

Stockdale - Free, £40k per week
Colin - £3m, £20k per week
Jenkinson - loan, £35k per week
Dean - £2m, £20k per week
Roberts - £3m, £25k per week
Bramall - loan, £2k per week
N'Doye - free, £35k per week
Lowe - free, £2.5k per week
Walsh - loan, £1k per week
Gardner - £1m, £25k per week
Boga - loan, £15k per week
Jota - £6m, £45k per week
Vassell - £1.5m, £5k per week
Gallagher - £3m (loan), £30k per week

£19,500,000 in transfer fees, £300,500 per week in wages (£15,600,000 per season).

The last 6 months will be the wages, but the initial £20m in fees are included in this.

Why have the handed out these contracts?? If you offered Jota and Dean 25k a week between them they wouldn’t have turned it down. They wouldn’t have been on anything near that at Brentford

Fake Jota was being courted by Middlesbrough (and possibly others) tbf. Blues beat them on wages.

Same as we were looking at Gallagher, wouldn't accept Southampton's silly demands, Blues did.

Gotta love Rosie's minder.

A pox on football finance goes off laughing all the way to Sandbanks.

Bit off a difference between beating someone’s offer at 25k rather than doubling their offer for bantz.

I won’t bother asking how someone could let it spiral as It’s Blues and they are a basket case.

Very odd

They didn't have a proper structure above Redknapp. He only agrees to manage clubs if you offer him money to spend. If there's no-one there in the chain to say "Now look Harry, I'm sure you like him but that really is too much money" (as Levy was at Spurs), the perpetual threat of him walking away is permanently there and Blues were selling him as the main attraction...well, this is what you end up with.

Their DoF looks like Prince FFS. He has no credentials.

stream_img.jpg

They're a club with a fairly small fanbase (relative to population), piffling commercial income and the owners are not big news, they bought the club because it was going for a relative pittance and potentially they can make money out of it still somehow having a HK stock exchange listing (though they have to own it for at least a couple of years before they can punt it on). Why they bet the farm to that extent is anyone's guess.

N'Doye on 35k a week???! :icon_lol:

Fucking hell, he's absolute mince. Genuinely don't think I've seen a worse midfielder in this league this season.

I thought it was actually more than that, I am sure I heard 40 plus.

Harry really REALLY fucked them up the arse.

Come June, he is going to be opening a bottle of Montrachet in Sandbanks, and inviting his neighbour Pulis round to chew the fat about how they fucked two parts of West Midlands football. As it wasn't us, I don't actually give two shits!

A Blues fan on their forum posted:
If those figures are accurate then it's up there with Leeds excess in a relative sense. Paying Dean and Roberts who are and always were ok at best Championship centre halves is beyond stupid it's gross mismanagement

Well, if there is no controlling influence to floppy chops, that seems to be what happens EVERY time. The only club where he wasn't allowed to do it was Spurs as Levy beat that down. Even there he whinged and whined when he didn't get his way.

Back