• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Hopefully they could do a complete crossover movie. Civil War between Iron Man and Captain America would be an ace plot to become a Marvel movie and involved just about every character you could think of.

That is the plot for Captain America 3 and now, it is also rumoured to be Spiderman's first appearance.

It would make a lot of sense as that plotline around the superhero registration act ends with Peter Parker revealing himself as spiderman to the public. It is a good plot. Plus there is some ace stuff with Captain America that I hope they stick to religiously from the comics as the non-readers among the audience will have no idea what is coming.

The Company Men. Really well written and acted. I suppose I liked it because I had empathy with the characters having been in a similar position but still, good stuff.

Ben Affleck is alright y'know. He shouldn't be damned by Gigli forever.

Just watched Time Lapse on sky's list of movies. But of a head fuck and doesn't really make any sense when you think about it but it was pretty enjoyable and well made I thought. Worth a watch.

Watched Lucy and The Maze Runner recently.

Lucy was just awful, disappointed really as I do like films like that, but this one was terrible, couldn't get into it at all.

The Maze Runner on the other hand was awesome, brilliantly done and Dylan O'Brian was fantastic, think he'd make a good Spiderman too.

The Company Men. Really well written and acted. I suppose I liked it because I had empathy with the characters having been in a similar position but still, good stuff.

Ben Affleck is alright y'know. He shouldn't be damned by Gigli forever.

Really enjoyed that film. Dealt with some real issues and never got schmaltzy.

Ben Affleck has made a load of very good films. I even think he's a good choice to play Batman. *Gulp*

I've got Birdman to watch this evening. Although Ive been told by several people not to bother.

Vanilla Sky on Film4 in about half an hour. Been a good few years since I've seen it so it'll be interesting to see how it has stood the test of time.

The Spanish original Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes) is better. Even though Crowe's version is a shot for shot remake and has Penelope Cruz in both.

I really enjoyed Vanilla Sky when I saw it about 10 years ago. I think I have it on DVD, may have to dig it out.

Back