• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I finally got around to watching Rush last week. It was a reasonably average film that focused on the driver's championship more than the rivalry I thought. I could have done with it being a bit longer to show more interaction between Hunt and Laudu personally as they were the best scenes in the film.

I thought Daniel Bruhl was brilliant though. Absolutely nailed his performance.

Went to see Liam Neesons new film Run All Night. Really enjoyed it, very slick, fast paced thriller with some great action, similar to The Bourne Identity.

Enjoyed it more than the Taken movies. Neeson is up there with the best when it comes to gritty action movies.

Foxcatcher - Steve Carrell is chilling and Channing Tatum brilliantly dumb. Very good film but made me feel uncomfortable a for a lot of it which I didn't enjoy. Not recommended to chill out to.

Interstellar - Beautiful film and a good science fiction yarn to boot. If you like Christopher Nolan films (Momento, Inception) this is probably you bag.

The Equalizer - Denzel doing what Denzel does in an empty your brain, sit back and enjoy the violence way.

Gone Girl - Brilliant from start to finish. Affleck is excellent as the man who think he knows it all only to be kicked in the nuts several times. Unlike some I thought the ending was just right.

Echo on gone girl, cracking film.

Watched mocking Jay part one the other night, terrible for me. Just never gets going.

Nightcrawler - pretty good film. Interesting premise, but a little too nonsensical at times.

Same as Del on Mocking Jay part 1. Very disappointed.

Exodus Gods And Kings - Nearly as bad as Noah.

Secret Of The Tomb NATM - Loved this and enjoyed it as much as the others. Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson looking DDG as usual :)

I've got Mockingjay to watch at some point. And Interstellar.

Just finished interstellar. Wow. Absolutely awesome.

It's a bit hard to follow in places - the wife gave up after about half an hour in reality, but soldiered on until about the halfway point before going to bed - but in truth, come the end, you don't need to have understood every sentence or theory or explanation. Johnny's wording surprised me, but was spot on after watching it. Beautiful film.

Christopher Nolan is a bit of a pretentious writer but his film direction is unbelievably good in most cases.

Watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel the other night and what a terrific film it was.
Humourous, witty, some terrific one liners in it, nicely observed life in India, well a glimpse of it anyway, but the cast is just deadly, great acting!
Brilliant stuff.
I'd have been very going to the cinema to watch that.
Bill Nighy, Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, and a load of others.

Watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel the other night and what a terrific film it was.
Humourous, witty, some terrific one liners in it, nicely observed life in India, well a glimpse of it anyway, but the cast is just deadly, great acting!
Brilliant stuff.
I'd have been very going to the cinema to watch that.
Bill Nighy, Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, and a load of others.

There's a sequel in cinemas right now.

Syfy’s latest Sharknado will touch down on Wednesday, July 22 at 9/8c — and virtually no one on the globe will be safe from this serving of shlock.
The cabler announced that Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! will debut in 86 countries in all, including the UK, Australia and across Europe, Asia and Latin America, within 24 hours of its Stateside assault.
Explaining the title, Syfy SVP Chris Regina said in a statement, “Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! embraces the larger-than-life irreverence that has made these movies so popular and entertaining.”
Storyline-wise (as it were), Sharknado 3 will cause mass destruction in Washington, D.C. before roaring down the Eastern Seaboard and into Florida.

Ian Ziering, Tara Reid and Cassie Scerbo will reprise their roles as Fin, April and Nova, while David Hasselhoff and Bo Derek will play Fin’s father Gil and April’s mother May. Cameo roles include Mark Cuban and Ann Coulter as POTUS and his veep, Jerry Springer as a manic tourist, NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick as a lifeguard and wrestler Chris Jericho as roller coaster operator.

Makes mental note to switch off the Internet when its on over here.......

Last edited:
He's busy fearing for his life after his wife discovered he had been making secret model ship purchases....

After a day of rugby theatre now have the original 'Airplane' on film 4.

Even though you know when the jokes are coming it's still v funny

Back