• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

My wife took the daughter to see Cinderella on Tuesday which got me out of doing so. I had no such luck when Peppa Pig was on however.

Winters Tale. Complete rubbish. Another one of those films where you end up annoyed with yourself for sticking with it to the end.

Watching E.T. It still stands the test of time. Beautifully shot and hugely relevant.

Good lord. I had forgotten what a wonderful film it is. Still remember queueing for 3 hours with my parents on the day it opened.

Theres a company in Dublin that put on movies during the summer weekends on a big screen in Merrion Square, a leafy little park tucked away around the corner from Trinity college. €5 in, and you bring blankets, picnics whatever and they have outdoor toilets set up, speakers around the park, food stalls etc. They showed E.T. last summer, it was really magical, they started the movie around 9pm as it was getting dark, the opening scene where E.T. gets stranded in the forest and the bit where Elliot sleeps out to try catch him were spine tingling as we were all sat in the dark.

I remember thinking it must have been magical for so many of the kids that night who were experiencing the movie for the first time.

Before I go to sleep.

Think a similar premise to 'fifty first dates', but dark, troubling, dramatic and brilliantly acted. Really enjoyable film, keeps you gripped through its entirety. Cracking film.

Doesn't that have Sandra Bullock?

Both are in my top 5.

Aye, that makes more sense. I don't think I could ever force myself to put Bullock in the same sentence with "brilliantly acted".

Kidman hasn't been attractive since Eyes Wide Shut. Good actress tho.

Kidman hasn't been attractive since Eyes Wide Shut.

bnMGL.gif

I'm (in)famous for my opinions on women's looks.

That's pretty much common knowledge at this point.

I can only imagine what it must be like when you lot meet up for pregame drinks. "Alan said so-and-so from Africa is a good player. Let's have a drink every time he fucks up!"

That's pretty much common knowledge at this point.

I can only imagine what it must be like when you lot meet up for pregame drinks. "Alan said so-and-so from Africa is a good player. Let's have a drink every time he fucks up!"

Have you been bugging us again :D

The security at your pubs is surprising lax...

How can anyone not love Alan , he's like your 'special' cousin :)

Nicole is lovely. No boobs, but lovely.

Back