• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I haven't seen either Inglorious or Django. I really should I guess.

I haven't seen either Inglorious or Django. I really should I guess.

Christoph Waltz steals the show in both movies.

Agree with SLA in that they're both great but not the best QT has done.

Reservoir Dogs is better than Pulp Fiction for me. Both genuinely great films though.

On bad films, nothing ever beats robocop 3. That is the barometer of movie badness.

Robocop and Robocop 2 have been on ScyFy over the last two nights, so Robocop 3 could well be on the cards tonight!

I'm wondering whether this Lucy film might actually be classed as Modern Turd? i.e. a film that is shit, knows it's shit and plays upon the fact it's shit.

I'm wondering whether this Lucy film might actually be classed as Modern Turd? i.e. a film that is shit, knows it's shit and plays upon the fact it's shit.

Mind you, you thought Sharknado was brilliant so Lucy might go down well for you.

Sharknado IS brilliant. For those very reasons.

There is no film more brilliantly shit than The Room. Sharknado was knowingly shit, The Room thinks it's Citizen Kane and is all the better/worse for it.

I'm not sure why anyone would watch an obviously awful film. I don't play back the DVD of our 0-0 with Stoke in April 2010 and appreciate the arch irony of it.

I'm not sure why anyone would watch an obviously awful film. I don't play back the DVD of our 0-0 with Stoke in April 2010 and appreciate the arch irony of it.

As it's so blatantly tongue in cheek and rather amusing for it?

Watch Elokobi slice this pass out of play! Marvel as Stoke waste time! See how Michael Mancienne plays with the very concept of being a defensive midfielder!

No sorry, don't get it. 'Deliberately shit' is not funny either.

Life doesn't have to be so serious you know.

Indeed it doesn't. But that doesn't mean I want to waste my time watching dross films.

No sorry, don't get it. 'Deliberately shit' is not funny either.

Exactly this. I dont see how it can be entertaining when you know its absolute garbage.

Says me who watched 3 hours of Downton last night and loved it. Langers , I take that first bit back :)

Or The Godfather is on Film 4. What a tough choice.

Back