• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Has anybody seen the film 'Oldboy' its on demand at the minute ?

The original (Korean?) version is brilliant, the American remake which I assume is the one on demand is still a good film and follows pretty much the same plot but for a few changes. Worth a watch for sure.

The original (Korean?) version is brilliant, the American remake which I assume is the one on demand is still a good film and follows pretty much the same plot but for a few changes. Worth a watch for sure.
Yep, its the American remake I saw, good film with a full on jaw dropping ending but does contain one of the silliest fight sequences ever witnessed !

Chris Pratt is Hollywood's flavor of the month on steroids.

Lucy was just too stupid instead of silly and enjoyable. Leave your brain at the door.

Surely not as bad as Noah?! That has to be the most ridiculous pile of shit I've seen in years.

Will do - won't be til next weekend though, I don't think. The girlfriend thought the review was genius so also wants to see if it's as mental as it's supposed to be, so I'll be watching it with her.

Saw Boyhood the other day. Excellent film. I thought it was going to be quite dull - story of a boy growing up in real time over 12 years, but it was really engrossing.

I rewatched Pulp Fiction last night. What a film that is.

Went & saw it at a cinema recently, as had never seen it on a big screen. 20th anniversary!
It was a joy to behold!
I really need to re-watch reservoir dogs, which personally I prefer.

On bad films, nothing ever beats robocop 3. That is the barometer of movie badness.

Went & saw it at a cinema recently, as had never seen it on a big screen. 20th anniversary!
It was a joy to behold!
I really need to re-watch reservoir dogs, which personally I prefer.

Pulp Fiction remains my favourite QT film. It's one of my all time favourites actually. I don't think his films age - it's almost impossible to date any of them (with the obvious exceptions of Inglorious Basterds and Django) such is the style of them.

Back