• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Oh no I like Will Ferrell in general. I just didn't like Anchorman one bit. He was excellent in Stranger Than Fiction, which was a really good film.

I do like to see comedians doing straight roles. Steve Carell in The Way, Way Back and Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love being other good examples.

Stranger than Fiction is his one decent film. Elf is amusing in places to be fair.

Into the storm. Preposterous doesn't come close. At least sharknado knows it is taking the piss.

Truly horribly dreadful.

Draft Day. Enjoyed this one, although some NFL fans may disagree.

I watched it the other day too. I thought it was ok. Gave me a bit more insight into how the draft works anyway.

The last 3 films I watched were The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Lilo and Stitch. Yep, my daughter is obsessed with Disney!

Saw Lucy in the cinema recently, very slick (Fnarr)and stylish, standard Luc Besson stuff but the ending was terrible! Luckily it's only about 80 mins long

Saw Lucy in the cinema recently, very slick (Fnarr)and stylish, standard Luc Besson stuff but the ending was terrible! Luckily it's only about 80 mins long

tbh the trailer i saw looked dreadful so not hugely surprised. i would like to see under the skin. has anyone seen that and if so any good?

Well she gets her wabs out, so yeah.

Just watched Frozen.

Wow it's utterly bang average. Bog standard story, the characters were all Disney clichés and the Oscar winning song was utterly meh. In fact I think I preferred the earlier songs (same as the first Muppets film actually in that regard).

At least it didn't outstay it's welcome and it was harmless enough. No idea why it has gotten such good reviews though.

Wreck It Ralph was miles better.

Captain American. It was either that or swarmed with news coverage of Last Night Of The Proms on every channel. Captain America won.

Not watched that yet. Was going to watch it last night but already watched the new X-Men in the week (which was very good).

Not watched that yet. Was going to watch it last night but already watched the new X-Men in the week (which was very good).

Not normally into 'Superhero ' type films, but found it entertaining, enjoyable with plenty of action.Chris Evans fit the part well as did the lovely SJ.

Add Godzilla to the list of shit films I've seen.

Saw The Seven Samurai yesterday. Excellent film. I didn't realise how close the Magnificent Seven was to it, but it's more or less a carbon copy. Even the music is similar.

Also saw Get Him to the Greek, which had one or two funny moments but was otherwise a steaming pile of doo-doo.

Saw The Seven Samurai yesterday. Excellent film. I didn't realise how close the Magnificent Seven was to it, but it's more or less a carbon copy. Even the music is similar.

Also saw Get Him to the Greek, which had one or two funny moments but was otherwise a steaming pile of doo-doo.

Back