• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

The Avengers - quite enjoyed it actually. a totally ridiculous and cheesey yarn but it was pretty good fun. Lots of shit blowing up too. And Scarlett Johansson (even though her character was a buit crap, weak and pointless).

Saw DOTPOTA last night, cracking film. Visually superb in 3D.

Watched Mistaken for Strangers over the weekend. Superb film for watching with mates with a few beers. Absolutely hilarious and very little to do with the band it's meant to be about! The film-maker becomes the film star!

Rush - finally got round to watching this and throughly enjoyed it. Looked amazing and I liked the whole feel of it, I found it quite interesting as the whole Hunt/Lauda thing was before my time. Crazy how dangerous F1 used to be though.

Guardians of the Galaxy - absolutely loved it, I went in knowing very little about the characters or plot and came out with a big smile on my face. Managed to be funny without being silly and Chris Pratt was superb although it's hard not to see him as Andy from Parks and Rec!

Saw the new Apes film and thought it was alright but I found it very hard to take the apes seriously especially when one of them was called Maurice.

The Inbetweeners 2 was excellent and much better than the first film.

Rush - finally got round to watching this and throughly enjoyed it. Looked amazing and I liked the whole feel of it, I found it quite interesting as the whole Hunt/Lauda thing was before my time. Crazy how dangerous F1 used to be though.

Had this on DVD since April (got it for my birthday) and still haven't got round to watching it. Must make some time soon.

If anyone wants to watch something a bit 'outside the norm' then put Film 4 on at 23:35 tonight.

Dogtooth

Just downloaded Anchorman 2 off On demand, hope it lives up to the first one ?

I liked it. The Funeral scene was ace

Loved the first one, the second one was Ok at best, some funny bits and some bits just sooo annoying !!

Oh no I like Will Ferrell in general. I just didn't like Anchorman one bit. He was excellent in Stranger Than Fiction, which was a really good film.

I do like to see comedians doing straight roles. Steve Carell in The Way, Way Back and Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love being other good examples.

Love Anchorman and enjoyed Anchorman 2 a lot but thought it was at least half an hour too long

Back