• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Had the pleasure of going to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night. Good film.

However, I went to a Showcase. £8.65 for a 2D ticket, £8.90 for a large popcorn and drink combo... At least I still have an Orange SIM card :/

Never fully got going for me, was missing something but not sure what

Seemed to go on a bit too long i think, decent film and Jennifer Lawrence is very lovely

I watched R.I.P.D the other week. Brainless and a complete MIB rip off. Not terrible just pants - 5/10

Also saw The Amazing Spider Man 2 last night. What a pointless film. Goes over the same old ground but with different baddies. I liked this version of Green Goblin though, and Emma Stone is always very watchable - 5/10

Just watched 12 Years A Slave.

Absolutely tremendous film - beautifully directed and the performances from Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor in particular are superb.

But I REALLY need to watch some silly comedy now to cheer myself up!!!

Wife and kids are away at the moment so might give 12 Years a go tonight. Courtesy of the rather marvellous Popcorn Time. If I could only work out how to make it work with ChromeCast.

Good.I tried watching Rambo on a German tv station once,it was dubbed German.Two sentences and I was out of there.
One Arnie film was dubbed into german. Being austrian, he speaks fluent german so offered to do it, as he felt it made sense.
Film producers disagreed & got someone else, who's voice they felt fitted the german version better :spaz:

One Arnie film was dubbed into german. Being austrian, he speaks fluent german so offered to do it, as he felt it made sense.
Film producers disagreed & got someone else, who's voice they felt fitted the german version better :spaz:

That is brilliant. ;) And a bit sad.

Avalanche Sharks.

Well that was 3 minutes I'm never getting back.

Lego Movie - Suprisingly meh. Song was good, film was bang average. I preferred Wreck It Ralph.

Ha! From Tapatalk. It wasn't posting it last night so I just closed the app. Looks like it eventually posted it and again when I opened the app again this morning

Noah.

Halfway through I wasn't sure if it was so terrible it was in someway a work of genius, or so terrible that it should be forgotten about and never spoken of again. I think it's the latter. What the fuck the scriptwriters were thinking of is completely beyond me - the plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the characters as wooden as the ark they built, the random scenes shoehorned into the clusterfuck of dialogue seem to have been thought up by students watching the magic roundabout, etc etc.

Good things - some awesome beards. Groovy soundtrack from Clint 'Wolves fan' Mansell. Nifty special effects (except those stupid rock people who look like a drawing my 3 year old once did of my in-laws now deceased pet cat).

Bad things - pretty much everything else, and wasting over 2 hours of my life I could have spent do the washing up.

Noah.

Halfway through I wasn't sure if it was so terrible it was in someway a work of genius, or so terrible that it should be forgotten about and never spoken of again. I think it's the latter. What the fuck the scriptwriters were thinking of is completely beyond me - the plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the characters as wooden as the ark they built, the random scenes shoehorned into the clusterfuck of dialogue seem to have been thought up by students watching the magic roundabout, etc etc.

Good things - some awesome beards. Groovy soundtrack from Clint 'Wolves fan' Mansell. Nifty special effects (except those stupid rock people who look like a drawing my 3 year old once did of my in-laws now deceased pet cat).

Bad things - pretty much everything else, and wasting over 2 hours of my life I could have spent do the washing up.

I fucking hated it.

*not for Langers*

The Inbetweeners 2 was very funny, very gross in places and Langers will be pleased that that's it for the characters, they have nowhere else to go with them.

*not for Langers*

The Inbetweeners 2 was very funny, very gross in places and Langers will be pleased that that's it for the characters, they have nowhere else to go with them.

Noah 2?

They ran out of places for the characters to go after about 3 episodes of series 1.

Back