• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Brilliant!! Can not wait for the movie - my favourite comedy ever...

12 episodes and two specials...not exactly flogging a dead horse.

David Brent is the spitting image of my ex brother in law , in looks, manner and humour. Probably why he's an ex some of you might think !!

' If you're gonna be late, then be late and not just 2 minutes - make it an hour and enjoy your breakfast' :icon_lol:

'Divergent '

Didn't think I would enjoy this, but I did, very much . Also, I wish I had hair like Tris.

What did you make of guardians paddy? Thinking of taking my lad to see it tomorrow...

Suitable for kids?

It is brilliant fun.

Rocket Raccoon is a fabulous character and has ace lines. Drax the Destroyer (played by Dave Batausta (Batista in WWE)) is great too - he has phenomenal comic timing. Groot is the new Hodor - if you like Game of Thrones you will see what I mean when you watch it. Zoe Saldanha is excellent, as is Karen Gillan. There is also a great little cameo from Glenn Close.

Plot-wise it hits the spot and is very engaging, although probably 15 minutes too long if I am honest. The effects are at least the level of Avengers Assemble. I think it is a fine addition to the Marvel Movie canon.

No absolutely not. The first scene with the hero seeing his mother die of cancer might be challenging but apart from that there is nothing I would worry about for younger viewers

I should add - that scene is well done and not a game stopper, just might raise a few questions.

Just watched 12 Years A Slave.

Absolutely tremendous film - beautifully directed and the performances from Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor in particular are superb.

But I REALLY need to watch some silly comedy now to cheer myself up!!!

Never fully got going for me, was missing something but not sure what

There were certainly a lot of long lingering shots on Christian Bale's concerned face which slowed it down a bit. I liked Bradley Cooper's rubbish FBI agent though, and Louis CK as his boss was good.

Talking about films that never get going - I watched Blue is the Warmest Colour the other night. Now that's a slow film. 3 hours of close up on a very pretty girl's sulky face gets a bit tired after a while. But it does have a lot of fantastically dirty girl on girl action so not all bad - it's French so it's art and that's all OK.

Are foreign language movies/series dubbed or subtitled in England?

Back