• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Plenty of things that aren't supposed to be funny can create humour, just seems perverse to try and find humour in other areas when it's put on a plate elsewhere, like walking past a comedy club to go and sit on a bench next to some steps waiting to see someone trip up.

Reading the comments on the film, I would say it has set out to be a comedy. The first one may have not and got a cult following from being "so bad is shit and it makes it funny" so the 2nd one they just decided go as stupidly OTT (if thats possible in a film about Tornados and Sharks)

Reading the comments on the film, I would say it has set out to be a comedy. The first one may have not and got a cult following from being "so bad is shit and it makes it funny" so the 2nd one they just decided go as stupidly OTT (if thats possible in a film about Tornados and Sharks)

The film rips the piss out of itself from start to finish. Having the dude from Airplane as the pilot, slipping in a line from Airplane itself? Comedy deaths and ridiculously OTT scenarios including a guy covered in shark guts (after chainsawing his way through a shark in the middle of a tornado high above New York city) pulling out a severed arm from a sharks mouth and removing the engagement ring from it before proposing to the girl who used to be attached to aforementioned severed arm? I think it's safe to assume it was done with tongue in cheek.

So a Sci-Comedy then.

Rest easy Marky Mark, people were laughing at a comedy.

So a Sci-Comedy then.

Rest easy Marky Mark, people were laughing at a comedy.

The tag line on the Syfy Channel for these films is 'awfully good movies'.

So, as these films get more of a cult following, they are going to keep going and up the comedy shitness then.

So, as these films get more of a cult following, they are going to keep going and up the comedy shitness then.

Yes - hence the smattering of cameos in the sequel, such as Judd Hirsch etc.

I presume these are just straight to TV releases?

Should we expect Sharknado 4 in 3D at Cineworld in a few years?

I presume these are just straight to TV releases?

Should we expect Sharknado 4 in 3D at Cineworld in a few years?

I'd pay to go and see THAT!

Agree, does capture the spirit of it.

I think there will be hoards of C -lister actors trying to get a gig in the next one, reackon would have been great fun to make and they are on to a no-loser, you act badly in a terrible movie, but that's the whole point of the film!

Seems got shot in 18 days and cost $2million to make, wonder what they spent $1.9 of it on!

I've just been told that there's an iPhone app - Sharknado: The Video Game. :icon_lol:

Need to find wifi so I can download it.

Agree, does capture the spirit of it.

I think there will be hoards of C -lister actors trying to get a gig in the next one, reackon would have been great fun to make and they are on to a no-loser, you act badly in a terrible movie, but that's the whole point of the film!

Seems got shot in 18 days and cost $2million to make, wonder what they spent $1.9 of it on!

There was a scene in the Big Bang Theory where Will Wheaton ditches Penny and Leonard in a bar when he gets call back for Sharknado 2.

It's Troma for a new generation. Tongue firmly in cheek, but with more marketing opportunities than just VHS.

It's on again now... my brothers find it hilarious

It's got excellent reviews and word of mouth. Up there with Avengers Assemble people say.

I finally got round to watching The Wolf of Wall Street on Friday night, top stuff from Di Caprio and Jonah Hill, absolute bonkers to think that's the life that they were leading and the stuff they were getting away with though, and some of the women!

Then watched The Way Way Back on Saturday night, one of those films where nothing really seemed to happen but i found it a decent watch, seemed a bit odd Steve Carrell playing a prick but Sam Rockwell's character was hilarious.

Back