• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I really liked Seven Pounds. Very good film.

Introducing the kids to Star Wars.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412443335.287526.jpg

I'm going for the Machete Order.

Are you going to leave out Phantom Menace entirely though?

Are you going to leave out Phantom Menace entirely though?

It'll be an added extra several months down the line. Possibly.

But I sort of feel that won't they don't know can't hurt them.

The Brian Blessed king of the jar jar binks bloody creatures. Cinematic AIDS.

Watched American Hustle tonight.

Hmmmm. I'm a bit bemused at where so many Oscar nominations came from. It's nowhere near as good as all that. Christian Bale was the best thing in it but still not Oscar worthy IMO.

Also it was a bit long and occasionally inconsistent in places. It was all a bit style over substance too.

Overall a decent watch while it was on but nothing particularly memorable to take away from it.

6/10.

That's next on my list, Bear, interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Watched the Oldboy remake today, it's a good film but not a patch on the original. They changed some bits too for no apparent reason.

Just watched Transformers Age Of Extinction. It was just ok for me ,although hubby almost had an orgasm over the one car in it.

I definitely preferred Silver Lining's Playbook.

I went to Dubai last week and saw quite a few films on the plane.

The Double - bit of a mindfuck but very intriguing and a bit quirky. Decent.

Transcendence - didn't really do it for me, it was ok but I found it hard to buy into the concept.

X men: days of future past - really, really enjoyable film. I loved the last one and this one was probably better.

Amazing spiderman 2 - much better than I was expecting, a good mix of humour and a darker style. Andrew Garfield is great.

How to train your dragon 2 - great fun and looks awesome even on a small aeroplane screen.

Anyone seen Live Die Repeat, if so, is it worth watching ??

I have, it's alright, as per the title, it's rather repetitive in bits but a good film nonetheless.

Cheers wanderer, may as well give it a go then. Im off to charge up me 3D specs !

I have, it's alright, as per the title, it's rather repetitive in bits but a good film nonetheless.

Groundhog Day with a difference ! Fell asleep after what seemed like the 36th ' On your feet, Maggot ' !

Oh is that Edge Of Tomorrow? I forgot the title had been changed for US/UK.

I thought it was great. Source Code meets Starship Troopers.

Oh is that Edge Of Tomorrow? I forgot the title had been changed for US/UK.

I thought it was great. Source Code meets Starship Troopers.

Also liked it and I may have a soft spot for Emily Blunt... The wife enjoyed the film too, mainly because Tom Cruise dies lots :icon_lol:

Back