• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

If feeling sad, down, unhappy, or generally down in the dumps, don't bother watching The Rover. What a bloody bleak and dire film ffs !!

Never watch Dancer In The Dark with Bjork in, in that mood either.

Watched Edge of Tomorrow last night. Meh. I don't like Tom Cruise anyway (except in Collateral) so that didn't help, but what a waste of a big budget movie.

Saw Gone Girl last night. Disappointing after the reviews. Take away Affleck, Pike and the sex scenes and you're left with a Channel 5 TV movie. 6/10.

Saw Gone Girl last night. Disappointing after the reviews. Take away Affleck, Pike and the sex scenes and you're left with a Channel 5 TV movie. 6/10.

I thought it was good apart from a disappointing ending. Take the two stars and all the tits away from any movie and you're going to be left with a movie that's not so good.

Take the two stars and all the tits away from any movie and you're going to be left with a movie that's not so good.

What is it with men and tits ! So the storyline can be shit, but throw a tit or two in and it gets a thumbs up !! :icon_lol:

I thought it was good apart from a disappointing ending. Take the two stars and all the tits away from any movie and you're going to be left with a movie that's not so good.

**GONE GIRL SPOILERS BELOW**

I meant that without the sexual content its the kind of film you could easily see on daytime telly.

It got off to a decent enough start and had the film ended after she revealed she's set him up it would have been OK as a poor mans Hitchcock movie. All went steeply downhill after she got robbed as all the characters became progressively more stupid as the film went on. Throw in a silly ending and I'd say 6/10 is fair mainly due to the performances of Affleck and Pike which made B move schlock almost look like a proper film.

Wow. I never watch anything on channel 5 on principle.

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually watched anything on C5. I suppose what I mean is that I quite like watching that style of movie from time to time. Mostly they're on Movie Mix.

Ooof!
For someone who posts good stuff on the music thread, I'm getting worried about some of your cultural habits... :yikes:

I'm more concerned about both T-Dan and Langers liking Counting Crows. Unbelievable Jeff.

I struggle with music, as I have to keep telling myself that music is a very personal thing, and so on.
Still cannot wind my neck in on being a music nazi all the time sadly, despite my best efforts.

Counting Crows are indeed shite tho.

Ooof!
For someone who posts good stuff on the music thread, I'm getting worried about some of your cultural habits... :yikes:

You can't live on a diet of caviar alone though. Sometimes you just want a kebab. I see nothing wrong with enjoying both Kurosawa's Seven Samurai and Larry Cohen's As Good As Dead - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109156/

But yes, Counting Crows are shit.

Back