• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I saw "heathers" for the 1st time on friday night. Thought it was a pretty good movie.

Bought 'Oblivion' over the weekend. Thumbs up from me .

Bought 'Oblivion' over the weekend. Thumbs up from me .

Is that the one with Tom Cruise that was released earlier this year? Decent ending, but apart from some excellent cinematics I thought the story line really let it down.

Yeah I saw that and thought it was a bit crap.

Is that the one with Tom Cruise that was released earlier this year? Decent ending, but apart from some excellent cinematics I thought the story line really let it down.

Yes that's the one Wolvensam, now I thought the story line was good, and with Cruise turning up again at the end , made for a perfect ending .

Yes that's the one Wolvensam, now I thought the story line was good, and with Cruise turning up again at the end , made for a perfect ending .

It was a good ending I agree, but I didn't think much of the story line on the whole. In fact I struggled to follow it at times and really didn't understand the relevance of some bits - perhaps it's just me!

Who's seen The World's End?

Quality film and a stonking soundtrack! :D

It was a good ending I agree, but I didn't think much of the story line on the whole. In fact I struggled to follow it at times and really didn't understand the relevance of some bits - perhaps it's just me!

I have watched it a second time, and little bits that I didn't get before, all fell into place the second time around. Not normally into Cruise ( Mission Impossible shit ) but think he was excellent for this part.

Who's seen The World's End?

Quality film and a stonking soundtrack! :D

I'm probably very much in the minority and potentially facing the wrath of fellow posters - but I really don't like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost films. 'Paul' is pretty much the only exception.

Each to their own, but you're clearly a lunatic!

I'm probably very much in the minority and potentially facing the wrath of fellow posters - but I really don't like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost films. 'Paul' is pretty much the only exception.

Bannable offence IMO/IMV.

Boooo! Surely someone out there is a crazy fool like me and agrees?

Pegg was in Big Train which was world class.
Spaced was shit.
Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest comedy films of all time.
Hot Fuzz was bang average.
So was Paul.
Not seen World's End.

Big Train is truly amazing. The Ralph McTell sketch in particular is a work of genius.

Back