• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Big Train is truly amazing. The Ralph McTell sketch in particular is a work of genius.

Superb. Like a modern Monty Python. So many wonderful sketches - Shakespeare look a likes, wanking in the office, George Martin being kidnapped, kids writing puns...

Pegg was in Big Train which was world class.
Spaced was $#@!.
Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest comedy films of all time.
Hot Fuzz was bang average.
So was Paul.
Not seen World's End.

Never seen Big Train, will have to give it a go.

Spaced was shit.
shocked-will-smith.gif

shocked-o.gif

shockedmatta.gif

GetTFO.gif

Superb. Like a modern Monty Python. So many wonderful sketches - Shakespeare look a likes, wanking in the office, George Martin being kidnapped, kids writing puns...

The George Martin sketch is incredible. As are the jockeys in the Serengeti, Satan playing practical jokes on Jesus, the guy with a spoon phobia and Ming the Merciless at home. Oh and I've forgotten the Evil Hypnotist.

Sam - if you haven't seen it, do it NOW.

I'm sorry but it was! It was a personal tragedy as Spaced was the series that was meant to be FOR people like me. The 'in' references were obvious and poorly executed and it looked the kind of thing you and your mates might think about doing in 6th form only to scrap it when you decide it might be a bit rubbish. Same applied to Hot Fuzz.

Have to agree re Spaced. Heard so much hype, watched it, regretted never being able to get that wasted half hour of my life back.

'Olympus Has Fallen ' out on blue ray today . Looking forward to this one for one reason only :)

Watched the 2 series of Spaced recently. We liked them.

Also Shaun of the Dead is one of my fav films ever, and I like everything else I've ever seen Pegg or Frost in.

Scott Pilgrim is awesome too. Directed by Edgar Wright.

'Olympus Has Fallen ' out on blue ray today . Looking forward to this one for one reason only :)

Blimey, non stop action ! Totally unbelievable storyline about the fall of The White House, but entertaining all the same with GB being the hero.

'The Place Beyond The Pines' Sort of a story within a story, within a story . Went on a bit too long, bit depressing, but enjoyed it overall. Would I ever watch it again, probably not .

Anyone interested in Studio Ghibli?

Yes! Studio Ghibli is fantastic.

Watched Kick-Ass 2 yesterday and really enjoyed it - I genuinely thought it was better than the first installment actually. They've left it a bit up in the air regarding a 3rd too but hopefully they won't milk it too much.

'The Place Beyond The Pines' Sort of a story within a story, within a story . Went on a bit too long, bit depressing, but enjoyed it overall. Would I ever watch it again, probably not .

I went to the cinema to watch this.

Absolute waste of time - went on for about 1 hour longer than it needed.

"I wish I could tell you that Andy fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world." -Red

Back