• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I really didn't enjoy The Beach at all. Can't remember why. Just boring I guess.

Did you enjoy The Butterfly Effect? (Machin), if you've seen it.

I really liked the Butterfly Effect but I have also seen a version with a different ending to the one I liked and it completely ruined it.

Yep there was an alternate ending on the DVD which wasn't as good. Good film though.

Not a bad one, no.
Slumdog Millionaire became a bit predictable, & Sunshine is very niche. I haven't seen the beach.

The Olympic opening ceremony really was something to behold. For me, that was Boyle's masterpiece.

I liked Sunshine a lot.

The Beach was OK, as was the book - mainly because it annoyed lots of backpackers (sorry, travellers) who thought they could have written a better book about their time in Thailand but.... didn't.

I liked Sunshine a lot.

The Beach was OK, as was the book - mainly because it annoyed lots of backpackers (sorry, travellers) who thought they could have written a better book about their time in Thailand but.... didn't.

Sunshine is decent, helped by the fact that I Am Kloot feature on the soundtrack.

Yep there was an alternate ending on the DVD which wasn't as good. Good film though.

I didn't know about the alternate ending. I rented the DVD and loved it but a while later watched it on TV and they showed a completely different ending and I was very annoyed and confused! After googling it, there are several different endings apparently. I think the ending I originally saw was in the director's cut. I presume they changed it to make it a bit 'nicer' but it totally ruined it.

The ending in the womb was the one I liked.

The alternate one I saw he made it so they never met or became friends. I prefered the other one.

' Hachi ' talk about a film to blart to . An amazing true story of loyalty.

in from the pub and L.A. Confidential is on, one of my favourite films but work in the morning.

ITV4 showing it over 2 hours and 50 minutes. Pretty sure I could stick the dvd on and have it finsihed before then, even though its been on over 20 mins.

Not beer related..........................................................................

Last edited:
Went to watch Alpha Papa last night

Had massive concerns on this film because not many comedy shows nowadays make the jump into Movies. They have done the right thing with this movie though and not sent AP to America or somewhere out of his comfort zone. The movie is ACE, some really laugh out loud moments (my wife really doesn't like AP but she was proper laughing at some of the stuff). So despite being an AP fanboy this was better than I expected it to be.

Nice, I'm going to see it tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Hopefully me and Mrs Langers will see this soon.

Back