• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I absolutely loathed Snyder's Sucker Punch with a passion. Horrible, horrible film.

I absolutely loathed Snyder's Sucker Punch with a passion. Horrible, horrible film.

Never seen it and by your review I don't think I'll bother. I think he's a pretty average director.

Tonight we shall be watching:

The Departed

Picked up from a post in the "Top 5" thread.
As well as these 2 (so far)

-Planes, Trains and Automobiles
-Trainspotting

P.S - No! I have never seen Trainspotting!

Not really. Superman and batman don't really belong in the same film. There were some team ups, especially in justice league of america comic but metropolis and Gotham aren't supposed to be next door to each other.

Oh. I thought it sounded ace. <Retreats from thread>

It will be I guess but the claim that all comic fans will be salivating isn't really accurate. Marvel were far keener on team ups than dc really. It just means a bit of suspension of belief to see how they link the two heroes up and then I'm sure it will be pretty good. Needs to be suitably dark though. Superman and batman would be a fairly uneasy relationship.

It will be I guess but the claim that all comic fans will be salivating isn't really accurate. Marvel were far keener on team ups than dc really. It just means a bit of suspension of belief to see how they link the two heroes up and then I'm sure it will be pretty good. Needs to be suitably dark though. Superman and batman would be a fairly uneasy relationship.

I really don't know much about the comic books so will bow down to your superior knowledge on this one mate!

Superman wouldn't approve of the slightly darker methods of batman, especially the more modern dark knight. Batman would think he had to do all the hard work to be a hero whereas there is this bloke in red pants who is born with ridiculous powers who has the easy life.

The other problem I foresee is that superman has powers that would in the normal scheme of things completely overshadow batman so how do you make batman a meaningful character in the script if superman can do everything easily? No doubt they will use the old trope of kryptonite to even it up by weakening superman but I would hope they could think of a different method.

The other problem I foresee is that superman has powers that would in the normal scheme of things completely overshadow batman so how do you make batman a meaningful character in the script if superman can do everything easily? No doubt they will use the old trope of kryptonite to even it up by weakening superman but I would hope they could think of a different method.

This is my worry. Unless Batman is going to hold Clark's glasses for him I'm not sure what purpose he will serve. Kryptonite would be very lazy and dull. I don't want this to happen as I think it could ruin two good franchises. That said, I'm sure WB are aware of that and won't risk billions of dollars on a weak story.

I saw Hunger Games last night.

Absolutely loved it. Great film.

Not a bad one, no.
Slumdog Millionaire became a bit predictable, & Sunshine is very niche. I haven't seen the beach.

The Olympic opening ceremony really was something to behold. For me, that was Boyle's masterpiece.

The Olympic opening ceremony really was something to behold. For me, that was Boyle's masterpiece.

Absolutely. It was stunning, and I'll never forget it.

The Beach is probably the weakest of his films that I've seen but I don't even think that is too bad.

The Beach is pretty good still.

The Beach annoys me but only because Danny Boyle ditched Ewan McGregor for Di Caprio. I love the book though, and it's a pretty decent adaptation of it.

Back