• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Just remembered a film from when my Dad had a period of lending fighting movies on VHS from his mate, each week

Double Team!

After seeing the rotten tomatoes score, it's only going to be even better :-D [video]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/double_team/[/video]

I bet it's nowhere near as good as Van Damme's other Double film, Double Impact.

I bet it's nowhere near as good as Van Damme's other Double film, Double Impact.

Granted, Double Impact reigns in at 14%, 3% better than Double Team! Haha.

I actually found it by Googling

"Van Damme cut off thumb print"

Good old Google.

Bet no-one can guess what comes up when I type 'Double Team' into a torrent site . . . .

trying to think who this.bloke looks like, old actor, I think mafia/gangster-y style, white hair, about an inch thick, island in the stream, beer belly. I can see him....

Got ' Killing Lincoln ' to watch later tonight which I'm looking forward to .

Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet? Guillermo Del Toro is a great director (Pan's Labyrinth is a great film) and Idris Elba is, well, Idris Elba. It looks like the film Transformers wishes it could be.

Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet? Guillermo Del Toro is a great director (Pan's Labyrinth is a great film) and Idris Elba is, well, Idris Elba. It looks like the film Transformers wishes it could be.

I want to see it - my mate went last night and said it looks utterly awesome.

Might go and watch this tonight.

Charlie Hunnam in there as well from SoA

Saw Man of Steel last week. Very good but a bit of spot the Abrams/ Nolan/ Snyder influences.

This is The End was the most hilariously ridiculous film I've seen in ages, loved it.

Saw Man of Steel last week. Very good but a bit of spot the Abrams/ Nolan/ Snyder influences.

I should think there were hints of Snyder being as he directed it.

I should think there were hints of Snyder being as he directed it.

Very funny, I meant bits of their previous films as part of this one, so you could see parts of 300, district 9, Star Trek and so on. There were even bits of the Matrix, Batman and Aliens in there. Hardly an original film but a good one.

Finally watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon last night.

I love Transformers, but they need to give this a rest now. Much too long and the humour they try and inject into the film is really quite irritating. The robots still look cool and I do love a good brainless explosion-fest but I think this franchise is a bit tired now.

I know they're making a 4th installment but I do hope they go for a new direction this time.

Back