• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I like Carell's comedies much more than Ferrell's. Though I still prefer roles where they tone it down or completely off. The aforementioned Stranger Than Fiction for Ferrell, and films like Crazy, Stupid Love and Dan In Real Life for Carell.

I'm watching Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. AGAIN.

I love this film.

Oh and talking of Edgar Wright, have you seen the trailer for Simon Pegg's new one? The World's End:

Has anyone watched Piggy? started watching it the other night had to turn it off half way through, it was terrible just wondering if anyone had sat through it all and whether it got any better!

On a plus note, my copy of Excalibur on Blueray turned up the other day, I was well pleased watching it on Saturday night, however Mrs Newbridge didn't seem to appreciate it, oh well no accounting for taste I suppose!

On the new film front Pacific Rim looks a good blast

Star Trek Into Darkness was alright 7/10. Far too long and too many action sequences.

Saw Django this week too. A pop video rehash of a dozen better westerns but entertaining enough. QT still living off Pulp Fiction though imo.

The Grey ( 2011 film )

Good, but a bit depressing, why did they all have to die , they could have spared Liam at the end :(

I wouldn't waste your time watching it anyway

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Utter pants. Not even the lovely Mary Elisabeth Winstead could save it.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Utter pants. Not even the lovely Mary Elisabeth Winstead could save it.

Agreed, although I didnt want to be the one to say it and apear 'uncool'

My friend is lending me the 2009 Star Trek film as I've never seen it before. Really don't like Star Trek but I've heard that the new reboot might appeal to me so I'm giving it a go.

Back