• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Langers said:
My friend is lending me the 2009 Star Trek film as I've never seen it before. Really don't like Star Trek but I've heard that the new reboot might appeal to me so I'm giving it a go.
It was a good film.

Watched 2 films over the weekend, first one was Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters . Load of bollocks.

2nd one was Oz the great & powerful in 3D. Absolutely loved this one from beginning to end.

Les Miserables on in Paddington Towers tonight. Squeeze is loving it, but I fear for the water damage to the carpet...

Les Miserables on in Paddington Towers tonight. Squeeze is loving it, but I fear for the water damage to the carpet...

I must be an hard nosed bastard cos I never shed a tear at that .

And yet ,why do I always cry at Finding Neverland !!

My friend is lending me the 2009 Star Trek film as I've never seen it before. Really don't like Star Trek but I've heard that the new reboot might appeal to me so I'm giving it a go.

Really good film, I wasn't fussed about seeing it as I've never been particularly into Star Trek but it's very good, looks fantastic and loads of great action.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Utter pants. Not even the lovely Mary Elisabeth Winstead could save it.

I found it odd without being awful. I expected it to be a lot more tongue in cheek bearing in mind the ridiculous concept but it took itself very seriously which I think was it's downfall.

Watched Man of Steel last night. First time I've ever seen a film in 3D too.

Really enjoyed it - fabulously OTT special effects, I wondered if they were going to run out of buildings to destroy.

The 3D was cool, you can see which shots were done with 3D in mind!

Henry Cavill did a great job in the lead role, and Russell Crowe basically being Marlon Brando was good as well.

If you like a couple of hours entertainment with tons of shit blowing up for some comic book escapism, give this a go.

Haven't you got a Stat Trek film to watch?

Haven't you got a Stat Trek film to watch?

Yes, but that's at home. I very, very, very rarely get to go to the cinema so it was a rare treat.

Saw a trailer for the next Hobbit film as well which made me every so slightly moist. In 3D too.

I very, very, very rarely get to go to the cinema.

My partner and I are just beginning to realise unbelievably difficult it is to go to the cinema, but there's another thread about that :)

Wolrd War Z......to get a different perspective on the new trend of Zombie flicks.

Nick Clegg

'Kung Fu Panda is one of the greatest films made in recent years'"

Struggling to decide what film to watch this summer?

movie-summer-2013.jpg

I watched Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome on Sunday.

It's a prequel to the series and shows William Adama as a 17 year old on his first mission in the fleet. Pretty decent for a standalone film and worth checking out if you're a fan of the TV show.

Watched Star Trek over the weekend and fair enough - most enjoyable. I don't like the TV series much but I thought it made for a decent movie. The wanky homages to the classic series made me laugh, and no doubt excited Trekkies too.

The casting was very good indeed, they seemed to take a lot of care to ensure they kept some aspects of the characters consistent with the classic series.

I'll no doubt watch the next installment at some point.

Man of Steel was actually very good. Not sure why its had such a battering tbh.

Back