• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Who was best then Nick?

I had ever so slightly favoured Keri over the series, but Anton was fucking awesome last night. Really tough call.

I would have chosen Keri. Her food wasn't as spectacular and envelope-pushing as Anton's but I'm with the bald greengrocer - I reckon it would have been superb to eat.

And I always thought Heston Blumenthal was a bit of an arse with his stupid creations, but the episode in the Fat Duck was fantastic. I'm totally sold.

And me - loved the fat duck episode and now seriously want to eat there.

Who was best then Nick?

I had ever so slightly favoured Keri over the series, but Anton was fucking awesome last night. Really tough call.

I thought based on the three dishes that Keri made the best food on the day. Obviously Michel wanted Anton to win though so they split the win. Crap.

And me - loved the fat duck episode and now seriously want to eat there.
It looks like you're paying for the experience rather than the food. It's a bit gimmicky and at £195 pp I'd rather have a top quality hearty three course meal.

The BFG did look nice though. I wouldn't want to eat anything alse off the menu personally. I noticed when they had a shot of the menu, at the bottom there was a dish called Snail Porridge!

Snail Porridge has been Heston's signature dish since jesus was in short trousers.

I want to try his "gold, frankincense and myrrh" dish that he did for a Christmas Perfection programme. I have the Fat Duck cookbook and am almost ready to attempt it. Bar having the requisite chemistry set....

I watched the first Expendables last night. Well I say watched, but I lost interest after 30mins when it became apparent that it was going to be a truly awful film.

The acting and dialogue was atrocious. The action scenes were just stupid with fast cutting ruining any fighting. The plot was non-existent and the "love interest" pathetically bad.

I struggled to give it 3/10.

I watched the first Expendables last night. Well I say watched, but I lost interest after 30mins when it became apparent that it was going to be a truly awful film.

The acting and dialogue was atrocious. The action scenes were just stupid with fast cutting ruining any fighting. The plot was non-existent and the "love interest" pathetically bad.

You've got it wrong, that's your problem! If you go into the film expecting great cinematography, music, dialogue, etc, you're going to be disappointed. What it does deliver is 90 minutes of 'disengage the brain-type' violence.

Ironically watching the Magnificent Seven as I type, havnt seen it in years :)

Pretty much how I found it. Shite film.

You've got it wrong, that's your problem! If you go into the film expecting great cinematography, music, dialogue, etc, you're going to be disappointed. What it does deliver is 90 minutes of 'disengage the brain-type' violence.
I could happily disengage my brain if the film was passable on any level. It wasn't. It was so bad it took you out of the film and made you start wondering how many hours Stallone sat in makeup for to look that much like a human dummy.

I could disengage my brain for something like Con Air but struggled badly with The Expendables.

Definitely one of my favourites now..

Many of us seen Fight Club? I watched it but was a couple of years ago. Liked it a lot, so much I may watch it tonight actually!

I did like Fight Club a lot but I thought it was really overrated at the same time. Loads of people said it was the best film ever made when it came out - I can't agree with that at all.

Certainly well worth watching though.

Fight Club is great. As is Panic Room, another David Fincher film.

I did like Fight Club a lot but I thought it was really overrated at the same time. Loads of people said it was the best film ever made when it came out - I can't agree with that at all.

Certainly not the best film ever but agreed a good watch.

Great sound track, though.

Pulp Fiction is a great film. Personally, I still prefer Reservior Dogs I have to say.

Back