• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Has it got a little monkey in it? If not i'm likely to stick with Outbreak.

It does have a cameo from a few Reesus monkeys.

Plus, Kate Winslet vs Rene Russo. No contest. Russo every time.

I'd pass on both, straight up battle between the monkeys.

The poster for the next Star Trek picture is floating about in cyberspace...

Mr Popper's Penguins. Thoroughy enjoyed by this Penguin.

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Teaser-Poster.jpg

Been watching Tom Hanks films

The Money Pit
Joe versus the Volcano
Big

Anyone remember these? :)

Can anyone suggest any good 3D films they have seen recently ?

Ta very muchly .

Sorted. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs it is.

That's a cracking film. I really enjoyed it.

Midnight In Paris - Woody Allen film with Owen Wilson about how at midnight he travels back in time to the 1920's. It got turned off after 45 mins. I'm not normally someone who turns films off but I just couldn't stick it anymore! Terrible pretentious claptrap with awful people in it, Rachel McAdams being the worst.

The Dark Knight Rises - A bit of a slow burner for the first half but the second half was great and the ending was fantastic.

I've heard that its good but nowhere near as good as LOTR - The Pacific to Band of Brothers, if you like. And the 48 FPS version looks awful.

Still - looking forward to seeing it. If its half as good as LOTR, I'll enjoy it.

I've heard that its good but nowhere near as good as LOTR - The Pacific to Band of Brothers, if you like. And the 48 FPS version looks awful.

Still - looking forward to seeing it. If its half as good as LOTR, I'll enjoy it.
Why does the 48fps version look awful? It's the same film.

I'm off to watch it at 4pm this afternoon.

As in the way it's shot is apparently 'too realistic' in 48 FPS and makes it look like a TV programme.

Not seen it myself yet but read a fair few reviews - none of which have been complimentary about the new filming method.

When I get to see it, it'll be the normal 24 FPS though.

Back