• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Little bit embarrassed to admit this, but watched Magic Mike last night. I have no comments as to if it was good or bad !

Pablo, check the Fnarr thread for your answer :icon_eek:

I just watched Shallow Grave again. Magnificent film.

I do often wonder how easy it would be to murder a random person. Not in a "I want to do that" way, just theoretically. If I travelled to say, Halifax, where I have never been and never ever will go again, murdered someone, came home (obviously taking care that I didn't get seen killing said victim and disposing of said victim's body, and that I didn't get back on the train/coach etc covered in entrails) and never spoke of it, how could anyone suspect me?

That post is probably bloody good evidence TBF.

Yeah, but you can't use that. In this theoretical investigation of a murder that didn't happen. Because that post didn't happen.

If someone did get away with one murder would the temptation be to try again ?

If someone did get away with one murder would the temptation be to try again ?

Are you talking a random murder or one were you feel justified in doing it ?

I only ask because I can get rid of the body :)

Last edited:
Are you talking a random murder or one were you feel justified in doing it ?

I only ask because I can get rid of the body :)

Can you pop round after the football, got a small female in the fridge freezer, need her moved so i can find another.

Pretty Random.

I just watched Shallow Grave again. Magnificent film.

I do often wonder how easy it would be to murder a random person. Not in a "I want to do that" way, just theoretically. If I travelled to say, Halifax, where I have never been and never ever will go again, murdered someone, came home (obviously taking care that I didn't get seen killing said victim and disposing of said victim's body, and that I didn't get back on the train/coach etc covered in entrails) and never spoke of it, how could anyone suspect me?

Depends. You'd have to be extremely careful not to leave any DNA evidence at the scene. Even a stray hair.

Also, CCTV is everywhere nowadays so you'd be likely spotted hanging around near the scene or travelling to it.

You'd need to dispose of the body in a way it couldn't be found or traces of it found as well. Which would be difficult.

A crucial factor is whether or not you have a criminal record. If the cops have your prints and mugshot, or any DNA samples from you, you're pretty much fucked. If you have a clean record and the cops don't have a file on you, it would increase your chances of getting away with it as any evidence like CCTV becomes circumstantial.

Well if they suspect you via CCTV footage they can compel you to give a DNA sample.

The Bourne Legacy - Alright, I guess.

I love the three first ones but this just felt like a "Best of the 3 First" collection with other people and nicer motorbikes,it was ok but didn't captivate me.

Also - just saw the trailer for Sightseers. Looks fucking hilarious.

I love the three first ones but this just felt like a "Best of the 3 First" collection with other people and nicer motorbikes,it was ok but didn't captivate me.

There wasn't much of a story and without seeing the other Bourne films I'm not sure some of it would have made sense.

' The Road To Christmas '

Utter wank.

The Amazing Spiderman - Done ok but utterly pointless reboot considering it was almost identical to Raimi's. Emma Stone is always welcome though!

Crazy, Stupid Love - One of Carrel's straighter roles and a pretty decent film. Ryan Gosling provides the tittilation for the ladies with his ripped chest. Julianne Moore has bugger all to do in this though. Oh and MOAR Emma Stone!!

Contagion - Good effort from Soderbergh. Similar to Outbreak but much grimmer in tone. Pretty realistic account of what would likely happen in a serious global outbreak.

The Amazing Spiderman - Done ok but utterly pointless reboot considering it was almost identical to Raimi's. Emma Stone is always welcome though!

Crazy, Stupid Love - One of Carrel's straighter roles and a pretty decent film. Ryan Gosling provides the tittilation for the ladies with his ripped chest. Julianne Moore has bugger all to do in this though. Oh and MOAR Emma Stone!!

Contagion - Good effort from Soderbergh. Similar to Outbreak but much grimmer in tone. Pretty realistic account of what would likely happen in a serious global outbreak.

Spooky ! Im just watching that as I type :)

Back