• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Just got through watching The Hunger Games, as a non movie fanatic i thought it was quite decent.

Has anyone watched Submarine, watched it the other night, I thought it was brilliant.

It's on my to watch list.

I thought Sally hawkins was good (if a bit mental) in Happy Go-Lucky too, alongside Eddie Marsan who was also great as a loopy driving instructor.

Its a very strange film, but very compelling at the same time. Its very well written and the characters are excellent.

I hadn't heard of it before I'd just put it down on my Lovefilm as another one to the list sort of thing. It was nice to be surprised by a film I didn't expect too much from (I don't keep up to date with films much)

I watched Taxi Driver last night, hadn't seen it before put picked it up on some offer in HMV seen as it's often labelled as something of a classic, have to say it didn't really do much for me, De Niro was great in it but the overall story seemed to be a bit of a let down.

First hollyoaks, & now this.

You may know stuff about football, but as a cultural barometer, you're a little lacking...

First hollyoaks, & now this.

You may know stuff about football, but as a cultural barometer, you're a little lacking...

Guy can't sleep, gets job as taxi driver, doesn't like people, goes nuts with some guns, returns to driving taxi.

It's hardly story of the century.

A couple of nights ago I watched 'The Tree Of Life 'with Brad Pitt, and still not sure what to make of it .

Finally got round to watching The Avengers on Blu-Ray today. Being a comic fan I loved it, but to be honest it's a great film and I'd recommend it to anybody for a couple of hours of bloody good entertainment.

Yeah I thought it was good too. Though it did take a bit too long to get going because of all the heroes they had to introduce to the plot.

Prometheus - certainly one I would watch again .

Prometheus - certainly one I would watch again .

Yes, but that would be it ! Whereas Alien can be watched a thousand times :)

ps. dont tell anybody but I actaully wrote 'Allan can be watched a thousand times' dont know what to make of that :)

Last edited:
Going to see Sinister tomorrow night, don't really know much about it besides it being a horror film. Also really want to see Taken 2 and Looper but i'm lacking the funds :(

Particularly want to see Looper due to the fact that a vast majority of my friends say i'm a Joseph Gordon-Levitt look-a-like xD

Last week I watched My Week With Marilyn.

Pretty steady film but Michelle Williams was brilliant as Marilyn Monroe.

Abraham Lincoln- Vampire Hunter. Not usually into Vampire movies, but was surprised by this one, and really enjoyed it.

Back