• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Saw Twilight on Film Four last night. Embarrassed to say it was actually OK. I haven't been a teenage girl for a long time, so I'm not really the target audience but I've certainly seen a lot worse. But then I liked High School Musical...

Just to re-establish some semblance of credibility, I saw If... for the first time last week. Great film.

OMG OMG OMG FANBOI EXCITEMENT FAPFAPFAP

Then I think - Jedi finished the plot. Over, done. Vader dead and cremated. Yes I know there are other plotlines in the Star Wars universe that go beyond (Star Wars RPG explores them at length) but this is done.

I know they are going to make it. Disney - if you even think of putting a gungan in this I am piling over to the states to take a shit on Walt's grave.

Knights of the Old Republic.

Just do Knights of the Old Republic. It's amazing.

There were a series of books about Han Solo they could plunder but can you imagine how hard you'd have to suspend your disbelief to make that plausible given Harrison Ford's age ? And that Le Beouf bloke is no replacement.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye was a great book - written by Alan Dean Foster who wrote the original Alien book (among many other cool things). I would love to see a film of that.

With the size of the Star Wars universe, I refuse to believe there isn't another trilogy they could create. With hundreds of people who'd want to be involved with the storyline, there IS something out there that could work.

But if Lucas picks up his pen, we'd probably get At Home With the Binks's.

OMG OMG OMG FANBOI EXCITEMENT FAPFAPFAP

Then I think - Jedi finished the plot. Over, done. Vader dead and cremated. Yes I know there are other plotlines in the Star Wars universe that go beyond (Star Wars RPG explores them at length) but this is done.

I know they are going to make it. Disney - if you even think of putting a gungan in this I am piling over to the states to take a $#@! on Walt's grave.

There's a whole universe to explore. I can't wait to grow old to regular episodes of Star Wars.

The post Vader scene in the RPG looks promising. The New Republic stuff has an alien invasion of the area of space we know (you know - its far. far away, and still a long, long time ago) with the new Jedi order trying to defend it.

No Gungans.

Just dug out my Star Wars RPG rulebook

The New Jedi Era sounds a fertile ground

Luke Skywalker struggling as to whether he wants to re-establish the Jedi Council. Imperial resistance still dotted about.

An alien race called the Yuuzhan Vong attempt to invade republic space. They follow a religion of pain and nature, and hate machines of all kinds. This enemy cannot be sensed through the force. They appear to actually have been the original true inhabitants of Coruscant.

Intriguing.

Paddy has his full geek on with this news.

This will require FULL DISCUSSION pre-Brighton match. Sorry Kenny. Think of the key rings....

I have no idea what a fucking gungan is (doesn't he play in goal for Villa?)

Keyring being sorted tomorrow then for that

I have no idea what a fucking gungan is (doesn't he play in goal for Villa?)

Put it this way, if James was a Star Wars character, he'd be a Gungan.

Back