• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

It's hardly an argument. I love Star Wars and Dr Who, I don't like Star Trek. Merely an opinion.

The post above doesn't disagree with anything, so it's an opinion.

You might need to reacquaint yourself with the definition of an argument.

A discussion in which disagreement is expressed

Hardly an argument indeed.

So your altogether too brief and simplified definition of argument....you know what? I can't be arsed to carry on as I think Star Wars and Star Trek are both shite.

Never liked Star Wars the most i could sit through was about 15 minutes it just seemed very Thunderbirds on location in Iraq. Must have missed something.

The post above doesn't disagree with anything, so it's an opinion.

So your altogether too brief and simplified definition of argument....you know what? I can't be arsed to carry on as I think Star Wars and Star Trek are both $#@!e.

There were two previous posts both which disagreed with an assertion made by another poster. My simplified definition of an argument was taken from a dictionary, word for word. It is quite obvious you couldn't be arsed otherwise you would have come up with something altogether more robust.

I'm with TSB & Quirk.

Across the six films made, the middle film of each trilogy is a decent/good film. The 2 either side, meh. I mean c'mon, return of the jedi is not ground breaking in any way. Indeed, it is tacky & cheesy in many places.

Do I even need to start with episode 1?

IIRC the whole saga was planned as a 9 part series anyway. Lucas said the technology wasn't about to do the first 3 as he wanted, so he filmed the middle 3 first? So there is the last 3 films to do prior to a disney franchise rolling out a film a year...

I have never watched a Star Wars film and don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Never quite got Star Wards really, but I liked Star Trek (only with Kirk though)

i never rated star wars. empire strikes back was the closest to anything worthwhile. cheesy sci fi for kids and probably appropriate that disney have bought it.

the best thing about it was the crappy arcade game and only because i could spend several hours on it for 10p. i used the force a lot.

this would be better:
http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2012/02/altered_carbon_in_developmenta.html

In fact various off this list, though i wouldn't want anyone to do Use of Weapons as they'd fuck it up. Player of games would be better.
http://forms.theregister.co.uk/poll/?id=28

Not keen on either of them to be honest. And the grown ups who are fans and attend meetings dressed up as the characters ! Sad bastards.

Last edited:
There were two previous posts both which disagreed with an assertion made by another poster. My simplified definition of an argument was taken from a dictionary, word for word. It is quite obvious you couldn't be arsed otherwise you would have come up with something altogether more robust.

If I gave a toss about the spacehairdresser it would have been ironclad, let me tell you!

Never liked Star Wars the most i could sit through was about 15 minutes it just seemed very Thunderbirds on location in Iraq. Must have missed something.

Star Wars is awesome. As is Thundercats.

I am no Star Wars supergeek like some of you seem to be but didn't Lucas alread write the plot to episodes 7-9 to begin with so I presume Disney would stick to his story lines? I thought he wrote all 9 episodes and then just made the middle 3 originally.

If they get a decent director in it could be awesome.

He wrote the base plotlines for 9 films but it is unlikely that he did full screenplays.

I have never watched a Star Wars film and don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

You're not,well unless you're 12 or younger. :)

in the original Star Wars, Han Solo shoots Greedo under the table in the cantina without Greedo firing. In the remastered version, a blaster bolt is added from greedo's gun to make it look less like a cold blooded killing by Han.

One of Lucas's first mistakes to try and make the films too goody-goody.

in the original Star Wars, Han Solo shoots Greedo under the table in the cantina without Greedo firing. In the remastered version, a blaster bolt is added from greedo's gun to make it look less like a cold blooded killing by Han.

One of Lucas's first mistakes to try and make the films too goody-goody.

Yep, as they say. Han shot first.

Went to see Skyfall last night. Brilliant.

Uni is keeping me busy and I no longer post as much as I'd like but I couldn't leave this dabate alone!

Star Wars is far better than Star Trek becuase..
it had a huge impact on the way films were made - Star Trek the Motion Picture only got made cos of Star Wars.

There have been 11 Star Trek films and all but 3 have been poor. Of the 3 that are good none of them are truly excellent in the way that ANH and ESB are.

Star Wars has lightsabres.

Back