• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Mallrats is on telly at the moment. Love that film.

Annoyed that I missed the wrestler late the other night on film4. Not seen it yet, & I'm an aronofsky fan.
Hope to catch it another time.

watching movies is a very nice time spent for me..looking on a new set of surround speakers..Heco Celan...maybe will get them in the summer(have convinced my wife)

Annoyed that I missed the wrestler late the other night on film4. Not seen it yet, & I'm an aronofsky fan.
Hope to catch it another time.

The Wrestler is brilliant. Make sure you catch it next time it's on.

Just finished watching The Ides of March. It was all going well and then it just ended. Felt like half a story.

I love Kevin Smith stuff in general. Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma being my favourites.

I watched Captain America earlier tonight. Watchable superhero action romp but barely a decent enough story in there to tie it together. It felt more like an introduction to the character for the upcoming Avengers film (which looks good btw).

Watched 'Let The Right One In' again the other day (Swedish not American version) for the umpteenth time. It really is a great film and would make it into my top 10 films of all time I reckon. Though my top 10 films of all time probably has a 'shortlist' of about 50 films!

I once compiled a list of my top 20 or so films and I lost it. My crap memory means I can't remember them!

My top 3 would definitely have to be:

The Big Lebowski
The Usual Suspects
The Matrix

Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars (original trilogy obviously)
Lord of the Rings
Airplane

Which LOTR though? The first one was always my favourite.

I think Groundhog Day and Shawshank would make up the rest of my top 5.

Hard to choose, so I'm cheating and having the whole trilogy.

Shawshank would be up there for me too. And the first 2 Alien films.

Tried to pick my favourite part of the LOTR films, and every one has a 'shiver down the spine' moment.

Fellowship - the 'wow' factor of practically the whole thing!
Two Towers - the moment the horses go down the shale hill into the final battle
Return of the King - the final battle, and the music when Sam and Frodo approach the end of their journey.

Bloody love it all.

Back to the Future would be in mine!

Tried to pick my favourite part of the LOTR films, and every one has a 'shiver down the spine' moment.

Fellowship - the 'wow' factor of practically the whole thing!
Two Towers - the moment the horses go down the shale hill into the final battle
Return of the King - the final battle, and the music when Sam and Frodo approach the end of their journey.

Bloody love it all.

My favourite moment in the whole trilogy is when Eowyn takes on the witch king. I know it's a bit sad and girly of me but it's a very triumphant moment in an otherwise desperately sad scene.

Shelob's lair in the Return of the King
Frodo and Sam meeting the Oliphaunts in the Two Towers
The Balrog of Moria in the Fellowship

Plus as a bonus the complete lack of Tom fucking Bombadil

Shelob's lair in the Return of the King
Frodo and Sam meeting the Oliphaunts in the Two Towers
The Balrog of Moria in the Fellowship

Plus as a bonus the complete lack of Tom fucking Bombadil

Tom Bombadil is awesome!

Back