• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Is that the one with Clooney? Where he gets sent in to different companies just to tell people they've got the sack?

If so, i liked it too but what a $#@! job that must be.

Thats the one. Dunno if such a role exists in real life but dreadful if true.

Thats the one. Dunno if such a role exists in real life but dreadful if true.

Indeed, i quite like his swish airport technique, all his club cards and what not getting him through with minimal fuss, I imagine my dad being the complete opposite on his many trips abroad for work, constantly stressing about his luggage being too big or heavy, fumbling around in his bag for boarding passes, passport, cards, money and who knows what, paranoid checking that he hasn't lost anything or missed his flight.

As I'm laid up on the couch, I watched Nowhere Boy this afternoon.

Pretty decent - the woman who played Lennon's mother - Julia - was excellent.

I saw that a while back Langers. Thought the lad who played Lennon was pretty good too.

Just watched Sucker Punch. 2 hours of my life wasted that I'll never, ever get back. Horrible, mysoginistic, leering, nasty piece of work. Zach Snyder can just fuck off and never surface again as far as I'm concerned.

It has no discernible plot to speak of, it simply lumbers from one leering set-piece to another in some of the most mind-numbingly boring "action" scenes I have ever had the misfortune to witness. All of which simply serve to have the young female cast strut about in scantily clad outfits.

Awful, despicable film. 1/10 and that's being generous.

Last edited:
Watched The Crazies again last night. I'd forgotten just how decent a film it is if you like 'horror' stuff.

Went to see The Cabin in the Woods earlier, pile of shit.

Saw Game Change earlier - a film about the Sarah Palin fiasco - was pretty good - Julianne Moore is really impressive in it. It made me laugh too - I'm not sure if it was supposed to, but the woman is just a fucking moron.

Das Boot is on film four on saturday night. Now that is a FUCKING AMAZING piece of film

Also an annoying Arcade game in a night club in Bolton.

Last edited:
Any of you seen Fight Club? Just saw it then, I liked it I must say!

I'm also looking forward to seeing The Avengers in the IMax cinema later this month, that will hopefully be awesome!

Das Boot (the film) always looked dull as hell to me and waaaaayyy too long.

Back