• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Another thing I've just thought of that backs up Templeton's post - episode IV in the cantina. A slight argument in a bar, and Obi Wan doesn't try to reason with words or Jedi wisdom. No sir. He just chops his arm off.

That's justice in a tough galaxy. Windu wouldn't have done that. Pussy.

Obi Wan is one of the few to come out of the prequels with any credit. Kills Darth Maul and hands Anakin his ass. Yoda is sort of alright but the rest of them are a right bunch of wets. If they ever remake them they should based the Jedi on the group that Arnie leads in Predator. Jesse Ventura would make a great Jedi.

I can't quite picture yoda saying he was a sexual tyrannosaurus though...

Finally got round to watching Inception, and man was it worth the wait? Bloody good idea executed to perfection, with some fantastic performances from all of the cast. Cristopher Nolan has bullied his way to the top of my list of favourite directors with four out of four films of his (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige and Inception) all being films of the highest order. Roll on The Dark Knight Rises.

I dont know if it was just me but I never found Inception any more than 'allright' ! (bearing in mind I did watch it on a flight, which is not the best enviroment )

The Prestige is a cracking film as well if you haven't seen it. I didn't think I'd enjoy it given the premise, but it was that good I could have watched it again straight away.

The Prestige is a cracking film as well if you haven't seen it. I didn't think I'd enjoy it given the premise, but it was that good I could have watched it again straight away.

Yeah, The Prestige is really good.

My wife and I watched Senna the other night. I don't know much about F1 at all, and I only occasionally watch a race, but it was really interesting and pretty gripping.

One of the best documentary-style films I've seen.

Yeah, The Prestige is really good.

I don't think Nolan's made a film yet that falls below that level to be honest. They're all brilliantly written and his casting is second to none. I don't particularly like Leonardo Dicaprio but it was easy to look past who was playing that part in Inception.

I really enjoyed Inception.

I really enjoyed Inception.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who've said it was too hard to follow as you didn't know when they were dreaming and when they weren't. Admittedly in may take you twenty minutes or so to get to grips with what's going on, but I thought it was pretty self-explanatory from there on in and fucking excellent to boot.

It's not one you can watch in the background, and drift in and out of sleep! Like Mrs LW tends to do when we watch films.

This looks absolutely hilarious:

That looks awesome!

Have seen We Bought A Zoo this week which was pretty decent. Fun fact is that it's based on the Dartmoor Zoo, near Plymouth. Have also seen Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy which was shite. Saw MI4, which wasn't the worst one they done.

I've seen another film as well, but if I can't remember it, then it must have been cack.

I sat through Hop with the kids over the weekend. I can't decide if it is shite or actually good. Hugh Laurie as the Easter Bunny. Russel Brand as the incoming new bunny who just wants to be a drummer. Cameo from Hasselhoff. It SHOULD be awful, but was quite enjoyable.

Saw The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists last week. The kids liked it but I thought for an Aardman production it was a bit disappointing. Not enough jokes and the dialogue felt really flat, as if it was just a bunch of actors doing voices in a studio. (As opposed to actual talking plasticine pirates!) Perhaps it's due to the fact that on animations they all do their lines alone, not with the person they're "speaking to" and then it's all edited together later.

Saw Up In The Air last night. What a great film.

Is that the one with Clooney? Where he gets sent in to different companies just to tell people they've got the sack?

If so, i liked it too but what a shit job that must be.

Back