• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

If you look up the page you'll see my very short review of it, as only watched it the other week.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago also, nothing impresses me more than a film that surprises me on how good it is !

I watched it a couple of weeks ago also, nothing impresses me more than a film that surprises me on how good it is !

That was the beauty of it, I climbed into bed and it had just started and I was expecting to nod off, but I spent the next two hours gripped by it. I believe there is a book of it which i must read.

I went to see 'The Woman In Black' the other day, Brilliant film.
I've always thought the Harry Potter films were shit, But I thought Daniel Radcliffe was excellent in this, shit my pants a few times aswel! lol :)

Another one for the list machin.

Source Code:

Cracking sci-fi from director Duncan Jones who brought us Moon. Stars Jake Gyllenhall, Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga.

Army bloke gets inserted into the mind/memory of a man who died on a train in a terrorist bombing. He gets 8 mins to find out who planted the bomb and stop further atrocities. Those 8 mins can be relived over and over again until he gets results.

Intelligent film with a heart. 8/10.

Another one for the list machin.

Source Code:

Cracking sci-fi from director Duncan Jones who brought us Moon. Stars Jake Gyllenhall, Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga.

Army bloke gets inserted into the mind/memory of a man who died on a train in a terrorist bombing. He gets 8 mins to find out who planted the bomb and stop further atrocities. Those 8 mins can be relived over and over again until he gets results.

Intelligent film with a heart. 8/10.

Yeah, I went to see that at the cinema. Loved it, apart from the shit ending which almost ruined what preceded it. But a definite recommendation from me too.

42 minute documentary film, free to watch online. Loved this.

http://roadofresistance.com/the-road/

Blurb
In the summer of 2006, four friends from San Diego, California set out on a mission to expose the atrocities being done to the people of Burma, more specifically, the Karen people – one of the country’s largest ethnic groups. Burma has quietly been host to the world’s longest running civil war – waged between the country’s military dictatorship and detractors from the regime.

Burma is a closed country known for strong penalties including imprisonment for people found inside its borders without the proper documentation. However, they knew that in order to capture the story they needed, they would have to sneak across the border through Thailand. With backpacks filled with borrowed film equipment they set out without a clue of how they would break inside a countryside filled with landmines, Burmese soldiers, and wet season torrential weather. They didn’t know what they would find, or if anyone would listen to their story when they returned.

I watched 'Drive' the other day, think thats what it was called, was pretty strange, i wasn't impressed.

A couple of films I've enjoyed this week:

21 Jump Street - surprisingly good cops-go-back-to-high-school comedy. Better than most gross-out/bromance/cop/high school things. A bit Police Academy (in a good way) in that it doesn't take itself at all seriously.

Submarine - nice quirky coming-of-age drama.

I had the misfortune to watch the remake of Conan the Barbarian a couple of nights ago.

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

I did not believe it possible for Arnie's portrayal of the loveable barbarian to look Oscar-worthy, but this managed it.

As for the theatrical blood, it just becomes hilarious within 5 minutes. There must have been stage hands standing around with buckets of the stuff. If someone pricked their finger, there were pints of the stuff thrown lovingly across the camera shot.

I think there was a plot. Not a lot of a plot, but hey this is normal for Conan. Bloodletting and wenching is the order of the day.

Absolutely execrable stuff.

I watched Babel last night. Really interesting film, though quite depressing. Quite cleverly made with a deep storyline. 7/10, i'd recommend. The soundtrack is excellent.

Visited a mate this weekend who made me watch die hard 4.

Don't waste your time with this piece of shit movie.

That is all.

I quite enjoyed it LJ. Entertaining enough - daft in places, but so were all the others. I prefer it to Die Hard With A Vengeance.

I quite enjoyed it LJ. Entertaining enough - daft in places, but so were all the others. I prefer it to Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Noooooo!

Samuel L was the dogs in that. DHWAV at least had a sense of humour! This one was just poor. The one baddie was obviously a token replacement for the long blonde haired dude in the first. Main baddie was a poor clash of rickman/irons. & the ending was saft!

Back