• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Went to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night, thought it was very good.

How does it compare to the original? I've not seen either yet.

I watched Moneyball the other night. Good stuff considering it's about baseball. Thought Jonah Hill was very decent in it.

How does it compare to the original? I've not seen either yet.

I wasn't even anywhere there was a previous version of the film to compare it to but i did enjoy it, the birds got a tendency to take her clothes off quite a lot which is a bonus.

Any of you film fans read Mark Kermodes "The good, the bad & The multiplex"?

If you haven't, I highly recommend it. An excellent work on the viability o current cinema, some of the current trends, & why there are so many absolutely $#@! films made currently too.

These are also worth a watch:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/2011/12/looking_forward_1.html

and also

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/2011/12/the_worst_ten_films_of_2011.html

I can never trust the views of a man who dislikes the original Star Wars trilogy as much as he does.

I can never trust the views of a man who dislikes the original Star Wars trilogy as much as he does.

Kermode is honest in that his reviews contain both opinion as well as fact. He is clear that he doesn't want everyone to agree with him, & is happy to debate his contentious issues/reviews.

He comes across as a bolshy upright jumped up kinda person. However he did a spoken word tour of his first book & I met him afterwards. I have to say he was a phenomenally pleasant, well mannered, genuinely interesting and polite person who took the time to speak to everyone who wanted to speak with him.

His reviews are very entertaining imo. I don't always agree, but there is generally truth in them. After meeting him, he went up miles in my estimations.

Just watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time, great film.

Just watched Shawshank Redemption for the first time, great film.

Probably one of the best films in recent times !
If you get chance try and find the Family guy remake of it :)

ps. does nobody go to bed around here, or is it just that you are both still young ?

Great film, but still doesn't top this:

big_lebowski_2.jpg

"Smokey this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules"

ps. does nobody go to bed around here, or is it just that you are both still young ?

I had just come in from a house party and wasn't in the mood to go straight to bed, so had a quick look around here

Great film, but still doesn't top this:

big_lebowski_2.jpg

"Smokey this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules"

DONNY YOU'RE OUTTA YOUR ELEMENT

Have any of you guys ever watch Human Centipede? It's one I probably never will watch myself!

As for the second one, I read the description of the plot and it made me feel sick - and apparently the third one will be even worse! I'm staying away!

Just treated myself to the special edition of Easy Rider on dvd.:zytrafumay:

I watched 15 mins of Human Centipede as I was channel hopping the other night. Looked stupid so I turned it off. You probably get all you need from the description anyway.

Oh and I watched the remake of Let The Right One In tonight. What was the bloody point of that? Almost a shot for shot remake without any of the charm of the original. The two kids were decent but just why?

Incidentally, I was looking at Chloe Moretz thinking "she's becoming quite attractive", checked on IMDb and she only turns 14 in February this year :icon_redface: I thought she must be getting on for 16 now!!

Last edited:
Back