• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I'm still in shock that some idiot decided that it would be a good idea to 'pre-make' The Thing. The John Carpenter version is one of my top 5 films of all time and is equal to Alien as the best sci-fi horror film ever made. An absolute work of brilliance, why would they even bother? It has a 0.0000000% (no-one DARE put any other digit than 0 in here) chance of living up to Carpenter's work... Would you remake Alien? No. Would you remake Citizen Kane? No. Would you remake Apocolypse Now? No. So why oh why oh why (that's not my chromosomes by the way) would you want to do it with The Thing which is up there as one of the all time classics? I despair...

Agreed. The Thing is a phenomonal piece of work (although I love a lot of Carpenter's stuff from that period; Christine, Halloween) and a 'prequel' will just piss all over it. I will watch it, only so I can watch the original after it to take the pain away.

i reckon i already know how it's gonna end as well...

Anybody know of a newish film I could "acquire"?

Having just watched it - Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.

Brilliant stuff. Phenomenal CGI for the apes, you could almost believe they are real. Great story too. Finally a decent apes sequel (or is it prequel).

I'm a huge fan of the 1968 original and this one sits behind it as the second best film in the canon. Several magnitudes beter than the Tim Roth/Mark Wahlberg version.

Having just watched it - Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.

Brilliant stuff. Phenomenal CGI for the apes, you could almost believe they are real. Great story too. Finally a decent apes sequel (or is it prequel).

I'm a huge fan of the 1968 original and this one sits behind it as the second best film in the canon. Several magnitudes beter than the Tim Roth/Mark Wahlberg version.

God, that Tim Burton one was crap. It was Tim Burton wasn't it? It had to be, it had Helena Bonham-Carter in it...

God, that Tim Burton one was crap. It was Tim Burton wasn't it? It had to be, it had Helena Bonham-Carter in it...

Yes it was. And it was utter dogshit. Or should that be ape shit?

Anyway - it did a job - we went to watch it on September 11th to try and forget about what was happening over the pond. It certainly wasted 2 hours of our lives.

Jeez what an overrated director he is. Beetlejuice and Ed Wood aside I can't think of a good film that he's directed. Batman was alright for the time I suppose but it hasn't held up well.

The Nightmare Before Christmas?, cracking film imo.

The Nightmare Before Christmas?, cracking film imo.

Good shout, been some decent covers of songs from it to, think Fallout boy did 'Whats this?' and Marylin Manson did 'This is Halloween', Korn may have done one too i think.

Stupidly excited about this.

The%20Legend%20Ends%20poster1.jpg

Just had to endure Final Destination 5, one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Yet another piece of shit that flaunts the pointless novelty of 3D, and add's an extra £2 to the ticket price to boot, when are people going to get bored of this shit? It adds NOTHING to the film! Maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad if they'd work some of the effects into the film in a decent way but there was more 3D action in the excessively long title sequence at the start, presumably made this long to showcase the amazing world of different objects breaking through glass in 3D, wow! Then you have to endure the ridiculously overdone results of peoples deaths, girl falls of parallel bars in gymnastics, breaks almost every bone in her body some how, a Buddha statue not much bigger than a football falls no more than 7 feet from a shelf onto a mans head resulting in his head exploding.

Cut the pointless 3D bollocks and concentrate on making a decent bastard film, one i can watch without having to re-adjust the worlds most uncomfortable glasses every 30 seconds!

Every Final Destination after the first one is wank and 3D is wank. Do I want to see The Lion King re-released so I can see it in 3D? FUCK NO, though this is hardly the first time Disney have done this.

Every Final Destination after the first one is wank and 3D is wank. Do I want to see The Lion King re-released so I can see it in 3D? FUCK NO, though this is hardly the first time Disney have done this.

Couldn't agree more, i hate seeing a film trailer now and thinking 'god that looks good' then it drops a line in at the end that its 3D, just ruins it for me, it adds nothing to the film what so ever, its a pointless gimmick and one that i have to endure the annoying fucking glasses to receive as well. 3D cant die soon enough.

On a more positive note, anyone on here seen Four Lions? Brilliant film, some how we got talking about it in the changing rooms at football yesterday morning and i've been chatting random bollocks from it pretty much solid for the last 2 days. I just cant get enough of it.

I saw 'Knowing' yesterday. Really good film; entertaining, chilling, action, well acted.

On a more positive note, anyone on here seen Four Lions? Brilliant film, some how we got talking about it in the changing rooms at football yesterday morning and i've been chatting random bollocks from it pretty much solid for the last 2 days. I just cant get enough of it.

Brilliant film mate, Chris Morris is a genius. One of the funniest films i have ever seen if not the funniest, rubber dinghy rapids bro.

Brilliant film mate, Chris Morris is a genius. One of the funniest films i have ever seen if not the funniest, rubber dinghy rapids bro.

There are just too many funny moments in it, you can find a laugh in pretty much every sentence, then you have such classic parts like Waj's phonecall with the police negotiator...

Policeman: You're an arse man aren't you Waj? You're a big arse man!

Waj: You what? You giving me batty chirps brother? You calling me a wamma? Fuck off! *hangs up phone* .....Fucking Boy George.

Back