• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Not really England have missed 2 sitters also
Why I said 'Could' and not 'Should'.
Can't see us winning a game with this level of performance.
Although scoring the first goal is vital against lower opposition.
Better since TAA came on and played a few early balls. Not really what you want to see but if it works who cares?

Defence is an utter shambles’s

The defence 😂. Actually being outplayed by Iceland

Dire.
Have I got news for you is on the other side too.

Well that's my Betfair account empty 😄. Cheers lads. Only 1/12 before kick off.

Hmm, this Tournaments ‘Golden Generation’

Well doesn’t this performance and result make you feel warm and cosy before next week. Some of it you can put down to Iceland being at 100% and us being at 75%.
I think the midfield has offered zero protection to the back four tonight to we look far to open.

Reminds me why I gave up on friendlies altogether.

Last one I saw live was us against Villa when O’Leary was in charge for them, must’ve been about 2005/6 which, was not a bad game to be fair.

After watching that shite though the most comforting thing was knowing there’s something called iplayer.

Reminds me why I gave up on friendlies altogether.

Last one I saw live was us against Villa when O’Leary was in charge for them, must’ve been about 2005/6 which, was not a bad game to be fair.

After watching that shite though the most comforting thing was knowing there’s something called iplayer.
I think I was at that game - Kevin Phillips scored didn’t he?

Walker and Trippier offering absolutely nothing. Trippier can be excused to some degree at LB, but Walker is a calamity in these situations . He's hopeless in possession and is no threat going beyond your RW. I can accept the logic of his pace in a 1v1 against an Mbappe, but Trent is a million times superior in every other aspect, particularly against teams who'll sit. If you need the extra security, play Gomez at LB to form a three and give Trent some freedom.

Ideally Reece James can stay fit in the future and provide the balance of the two.

It's only a friendly but doesn't bode well. Much too slow and the lack of a left-back was seriously hurting the width. Most important thing would have been to sign off with a win and go into the tournament with a positive atmosphere but it was just so laborious, needed to simply take the shot sometimes especially Palmer.

Went into the last Euros on pretty poor form so doesn't necessarily mean much. Germany (when they were good) used to always play rubbish in their pre-tournament friendlies as far as I can remember?

I think I was at that game - Kevin Phillips scored didn’t he?
That’s the one. Finished 2-1 (was it 1-2?). 9.5 million pound Juan Pablo Angel played for them and was hopeless.

Funnily enough that was the first time I took my kids to a Wolves game as I couldn’t afford to take them to a league match. I bought the Wolves Union Jack flag from the club shop that day and my daughter draped it over her shoulders. It was a proud moment. That was the Wolves flag that was up on the balcony last weekend in La Rascasse at the GP. Got fucking mullered and unless someone has removed it it’s still there. Felt like a fitting end,

Great memories.

Last edited:
Back