• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Tom Heaton joining the squad in Germany

Just as a part of the keeper coaching team

Anyone interested in a fantasy league using the official UEFA game? Basically the same as the Premier League game but with a couple of tweaks. If there's enough interest I'll set a league up.

Anyone interested in a fantasy league using the official UEFA game? Basically the same as the Premier League game but with a couple of tweaks. If there's enough interest I'll set a league up.

I've picked a team. Let me know if you set up a league, Bear

Matt Law saying it'll be TAA in midfield vs Serbia
He’s got qualities but the Bosnia game proved that they are best suited to him playing right back. He did more in those final minutes than in all those when in midfield. If Southgate was bold he could stick Gomez at left full back (and make a 3) with TAA able to step into midfield with Saka in front of him in the games where we are expected to attack.

Pickford
TAA—Stones—Geuhi-Gomez
Wharton-Rice
Saka-Bellingham-Foden
Kane

He’s got qualities but the Bosnia game proved that they are best suited to him playing right back. He did more in those final minutes than in all those when in midfield. If Southgate was bold he could stick Gomez at left full back (and make a 3) with TAA able to step into midfield with Saka in front of him in the games where we are expected to attack.

Pickford
TAA—Stones—Geuhi-Gomez
Wharton-Rice
Saka-Bellingham-Foden
Kane
I've been promoting this as the ball progression and threat from deeper areas would be excellent (even more important with Maguire gone and Walker being no threat at all) whilst Wharton + Rice are both excellent at defending the wider channels, but you'd have to be asking Foden to hold the width on the left which isn't really going to suit him. I can see Gordon forcing his way in just for that more natural width and directness.

Also Frenkie de Jong is out of the tournament.

Took part in a works Sweeps and got fucking Georgia!!

There is a prize for having the worst team so they better be uber shit

The keeper (Valencia #1) and Kvaratskhelia are very good, don't think I know many/any of the others.

Türkiye and Czechia are both teams who have dicked around with their name and also aren't *that* fearsome to draw in a group. Portugal last and they should already be through, so could be resting players for that one.

Burning5Note.jpg

Albania will probably end up with the worst record, Spain/Italy/Croatia is a horrific group for them

Albania will probably end up with the worst record, Spain/Italy/Croatia is a horrific group for them
It's a terrible draw for them because they did really well in qualifying for a country with their history. Finished top ahead of Czech Republic on GD.

My request to keep Portugal, who I drew in the Eurovision sweepstake, was rejected...

Can see Scotland flying home pointless.

Back