• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

i think i would play Guehi but I'm worried that means it will be Dunk now.

Branthwaite and Trafford being reported as being left out.

Branthwaite is a mistake. Going to be Dunk FFS

Branthwaite is a mistake. Going to be Dunk FFS
Yeah I'd definitely have Branthwaite over Dunk, although I'm not convinced by Branthwaite either, he was ragdolled a few times last season.

Haven't really seen enough of Guehi to be sure.

There will be a lot of joy from the mouthbreathers about Maguire, but that will disappear if Dunk replaces him.
Yeah, Dunk is a worse version of the same thing

I don't get this "Grealish can offer control" thing, these days he gets the ball, fannies around with it for five seconds then passes it back five yards to the left back. Shame Mark Kennedy isn't English because he could do that in 2006 and could probably still do it now.

Yeah, Dunk is a worse version of the same thing

I don't get this "Grealish can offer control" thing, these days he gets the ball, fannies around with it for five seconds then passes it back five yards to the left back. Shame Mark Kennedy isn't English because he could do that in 2006 and could probably still do it now.

Rubbish opponents but we were much better when he came on on Monday

I mean, you could equally argue it was because Harry Kane was on...

True, I just think he’s way more suited to playing on the left than Eze. Then again if we’re going to use Foden and Gordon out there then it’s a moot point anyway.

True, I just think he’s way more suited to playing on the left than Eze. Then again if we’re going to use Foden and Gordon out there then it’s a moot point anyway.
It was a lovely assist for TAA to be fair to Grealish.

Bit surprised by the exclusion of Branthwaite now that Maguire isn't going. Dunk is too slow for international football - any top tier team we come up against is going to have a forward that can just run past him over & over again. Then we have the issue of not having a natural left back fit so will instead shoe-horn Trippier in there (how has this happened? We always seem to have an abundance of talent at left back!)

Ultimately our defence will be our downfall, I suspect.

Official announcement at 5.30pm but being widely reported on The Athletic that the following haven't made it:

- Jack Grealish
- Harry Maguire
- James Maddison
- Jarrad Branthwaite
- James Trafford
- Curtis Jones
- Jarrell Quansah

LB is just one of those perfect storm things unfortunately and there isn't an obvious answer.

- We're taking Shaw as he's clearly our best LB but he hasn't played for nearly 4 months
- Chilwell is almost as fragile AND has been in shite form for ages
- Rico Henry would have been very much in the mix but did his ACL
- Tyrick Mitchell is just a bit too "basic" on the ball I guess

Don't know who else would even vaguely be in the mix if you go through the PL squads (I mean, fuck picking Dan Burn, for instance). Gomez has actually played LB a fair bit for Liverpool this season, not that I endorse him as a proper option.

Think I'd go with Gomez at LB over Trippier, going on the few times I've seen either.

Back