• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Who could be the modern day Hoddle & Waddle?

Lyndon Dykes out for Scotland.

None of Saka, Stones, Maguire, Shaw or Gordon playing tomorrow (or Bellingham, obviously).

3 of our 4 first choice back 4 not available, good stuff.

In other Euros related news, while watching the CL final last night Mrs Trips asked me if Bellingham had made the cut for the final squad as she knew he'd made the provisional 33 man squad. She didn't understand my laughter 😅

Pickford

Konsa
Guehi
Dunk
Trippier

Alexander-Arnold
Gallagher

Bowen
Palmer
Eze

Watkins

Dunk lucky to get another chance!
Big time! He was diabolical in the March games (I quite like him for Brighton but that was an awful audition)

Points to Quansah and Branthwaite either not going or being very last in the queue if they sneak in

I'm out on Friday night so this is my last England game I'll see on Channel 4. Thank Christ for that, they've been dire.

Southgate giving Trippier what he should've given Coady when we played Hungary.

Petty, but I'll never forgive him doing him like that.

It's an odd one.

I thought you were referring to Trippier being captain.

Until the penalty that friendly was very pedestrian, England had no attacking fluency and Bosnia kept stopping flow to the game. Watkins is always rubbish for England, Bowen was awful and both full-backs not at it either. Gallagher same as always, not good.

Game opened up after that goal, Bosnia stopped with the low block. Wharton, Kane, Grealish improved us from the bench.

Until the penalty that friendly was very pedestrian, England had no attacking fluency and Bosnia kept stopping flow to the game. Watkins is always rubbish for England, Bowen was awful and both full-backs not at it either. Gallagher same as always, not good.

Game opened up after that goal, Bosnia stopped with the low block. Wharton, Kane, Grealish improved us from the bench
Completely agree, I was very impressed by Wharton, creative and looks like he has all the time in the world. Scholes-esque.

Where are we on the 7 to miss out after last night...

Trafford, Quansah and Jones.
Then 2 from Gomez, Dunk, Shaw if not fit, Konsa.
Then 2 from Bowen, Grealish Maddison, Eze Palmer, Toney, Gordon.

so...

Trafford, Quansah, Jones, Dunk, Gomez (if Shaw is fit if not Konsa), Bowen, Gordon.

Bowen and Gordon are fine players but I can't see a scenario where they'd play.

Back