• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

If it was F1 they'd describe it as a 'racing incident', it's just a product of two players going for the ball at the same time. The defender isn't out of control or playing in a dangerous way
Totally.

The way it's gone is almost to create weird precedents simply to make refereeing easier, rather than to objectively judge each incident on its merits'. So you get the immediate 'we don't give those' on the Man U Onana incident rather than properly looking at whether it was a foul or not.

The 'studs up always a foul' is bullshit as shown by the Pogba/Neves incident and in trying to (wrongly) defend that tackle I recall the Man U trolls on twitter jumping on a load of other examples to show how comings together are not given as fouls.

Players are already falling over on the slightest of contacts (or non contact in some cases). They've now created another category of contact for players to do it.

UEFA changed the rules YESTERDAY on deciding the top scorer for the tournament, removing the amount of assists from the equation. If neither Kane or Olmo score tomorrow the 6 players on 3 goals will share the Golden Boot

Wish C4 wouldn’t show the re-run of 66 final, they did 3 years ago to.

Just read somewhere that Spanish sides have been involved in 22 finals since 2001(CL, EL, WC, Euros) and won all of them.
Cheered me up no end

Just read somewhere that Spanish sides have been involved in 22 finals since 2001(CL, EL, WC, Euros) and won all of them.
Cheered me up no end
That run has to end at some point and tomorrow would be great.
Was it Liverpool against Alaves being the last defeat if you don’t count all Spanish finals?

We all know he will, but would you start Kane tomorrow? Simple yes/no.

Time for vengeance, technically.

Not that the Spanish care either way how Scotland feel.

I don't think blame the Scots for wanting us to lose, if the position was reversed I'd want Spain to win. That's pompous and hypocritical shite though

UEFA changed the rules YESTERDAY on deciding the top scorer for the tournament, removing the amount of assists from the equation. If neither Kane or Olmo score tomorrow the 6 players on 3 goals will share the Golden Boot
It's like school.
Give everyone a medal 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
Kane will score anyway.

I'd start him but wouldn't wait till 80 minutes if he wasn't working.
I’d start him tomorrow but would certainly have had one game starting without him. fortunately our changes have had impact without needing much game time.

Going to be a fantastic day, already have 60 booked.
Turned away Spainsh and Scandinavians.

England fans only, and Scots by invitation only, have a few Scottish friends most supporting England.

Areas of the Costa Del Sol is Majority British, I am on the border of one such, I tend to prefer tourists they spend more.

Should have about 80 + in the bar, my Spanish friends, are worried because of how we are improving, and our players.

Large screen in the local Ferier ground, that will be predominantly Spanish.
Most bars don't want Spanish customer's including Spanish Owned Bars, they will take up a table with 5 seats and have one bottle of water with 5 glasses.

I am lucky my Spanish customers do tend to come in and have a couple of beers, they have already said they won't be in tomorrow... they accept its a British Bar.

Hopefully the day goes without any trouble, not sure it will.

If England wins then we fully expect the Police to Target British owned Bars and Restaurants, if Spain win they will give the Spanish Bars free reign until the Early Hours.
Either way it's a great place to be today.

My Spanish friends in Malaga that I deal with when I go get supplies for my other business have been having great banter with me.

I cannot wait.

Attachments

• IMG_20240620_141130.jpg
    IMG_20240620_141130.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
Back