• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Such a beautiful story of integration.
I am integrated, fully as an individual, Speak Spanish, drink.in Spanish Bars.
Don't underestimate how Racist the Spanish are, the Spanish locals don't want Spanish tourists.
Go to a little Spanish beach, where the staff don't speak English.

Going to be a fantastic day, already have 60 booked.
Turned away Spainsh and Scandinavians.

England fans only, and Scots by invitation only, have a few Scottish friends most supporting England.

Areas of the Costa Del Sol is Majority British, I am on the border of one such, I tend to prefer tourists they spend more.

Should have about 80 + in the bar, my Spanish friends, are worried because of how we are improving, and our players.

Large screen in the local Ferier ground, that will be predominantly Spanish.
Most bars don't want Spanish customer's including Spanish Owned Bars, they will take up a table with 5 seats and have one bottle of water with 5 glasses.

I am lucky my Spanish customers do tend to come in and have a couple of beers, they have already said they won't be in tomorrow... they accept its a British Bar.

Hopefully the day goes without any trouble, not sure it will.

If England wins then we fully expect the Police to Target British owned Bars and Restaurants, if Spain win they will give the Spanish Bars free reign until the Early Hours.
Either way it's a great place to be today.

My Spanish friends in Malaga that I deal with when I go get supplies for my other business have been having great banter with me.

I cannot wait.
Excellent stuff, can you save me a bin view please?

I have Friends that have been in Spain for 20+ years speak.not a word of Spanish, shop in Iceland, drink only in British Bars.

My missus for instance Scottish, cannot even ask for a drink, only drinks in British bars (Unless she is with me) shops in The local supermarket but can't say anything to the Checkput girl, No self Checkouts here

Excellent stuff, can you save me a bin view please?
They have gone, we were compensated, the road behind was being resurfaced and dug up so they put those there to handle the loss of 4 different sets of bins, needed to be away by last week.

I have Friends that have been in Spain for 20+ years speak.not a word of Spanish, shop in Iceland, drink only in British Bars.

My missus for instance Scottish, cannot even ask for a drink, only drinks in British bars (Unless she is with me) shops in The local supermarket but can't say anything to the Checkput girl, No self Checkouts here
I love expat communities...

Going to be a fantastic day, already have 60 booked.
Turned away Spainsh and Scandinavians.

England fans only, and Scots by invitation only, have a few Scottish friends most supporting England.

Areas of the Costa Del Sol is Majority British, I am on the border of one such, I tend to prefer tourists they spend more.

Should have about 80 + in the bar, my Spanish friends, are worried because of how we are improving, and our players.

Large screen in the local Ferier ground, that will be predominantly Spanish.
Most bars don't want Spanish customer's including Spanish Owned Bars, they will take up a table with 5 seats and have one bottle of water with 5 glasses.

I am lucky my Spanish customers do tend to come in and have a couple of beers, they have already said they won't be in tomorrow... they accept its a British Bar.

Hopefully the day goes without any trouble, not sure it will.

If England wins then we fully expect the Police to Target British owned Bars and Restaurants, if Spain win they will give the Spanish Bars free reign until the Early Hours.
Either way it's a great place to be today.

My Spanish friends in Malaga that I deal with when I go get supplies for my other business have been having great banter with me.

I cannot wait.
Wonder why they’ll bother to let the Spanish bars stay open so late if they only drink a bottle of water between five?

Unless it’s complete and utter bllcks of course.

That's quite the round trip and an expensive place for a weekly shop tbf. Perhaps there's somewhere closer? 😉

I love expat communities...
Embarrassing.
Though you don't need to speak Spanish from Torremolinos, To Estepona everyone speaks English.

Though me speaking Spanish got me.out of some shit with Police, some don't care i'm a guiri so worthless and just someone they can screw money out of. Especially summer months when the draught extra police from inland

Wonder why they’ll bother to let the Spanish bars stay open so late if they only drink a bottle of water between five?

Unless it’s complete and utter bllcks of course.
Because they will be everywhere with music and noise.

They will still have a party everywhere music noise, blocked one of the main roads last Tuesday.

By the way the Spanish Kids are as bad as our kids, how much of that is the influence of TV and Internet I don't know.

They tend to go to the strip, clubs, then fight with the police, pick on Tourists, target Guiris

That's quite the round trip and an expensive place for a weekly shop tbf. Perhaps there's somewhere closer? 😉
Strangely Iceland is the upmarket store that has all of the UK brands imported that you can’t get locally. If you want Yorkshire tea, marmite, you have to go to Iceland. It is really expensive, though.

On the language, my folks moved to Spain a few years ago, my dad is always wanting to practice his Spanish but as soon as anyone local realises he’s British they want to practice their English.

Strangely Iceland is the upmarket store that has all of the UK brands imported that you can’t get locally. If you want Yorkshire tea, marmite, you have to go to Iceland. It is really expensive, though.

On the language, my folks moved to Spain a few years ago, my dad is always wanting to practice his Spanish but as soon as anyone local realises he’s British they want to practice their English.
I’ve heard Germany is similar in that they’ll stop you speaking broken Deutsch if they know English.

I’ve heard Germany is similar in that they’ll stop you speaking broken Deutsch if they know English.
'I apologize. My English is not the yellow from the egg' - Every German ever.

Better to have a sparrow in the hand than a pigeon on the roof.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the belfry?

(Nonsense sayings are my bread and butter, we can keep this going until it needs its own thread 😂)

A bird in the hand is worth two in the belfry?

(Nonsense sayings are my bread and butter, we can keep this going until it needs its own thread 😂)
Do you have tomatoes on your eyes, or?

Same in France, for me anyway, I still tried to speak what little french I knew anyway to show willing if nothing else.

In my book if you're going to another country you should at least try a few words.

They do appreciate it if you try (obviously I don't personally have this issue but I always tell those travelling just to know a little bit - not everyone speaks English, even in a major city).

If you wanted to move to Hamburg and never ever speak a word of German, assuming whatever you did for work didn't require it, you probably could just about do it. Would be very shit, pointless and extremely limiting though. Go anywhere much smaller and you'd be in a lot of trouble day-to-day just trying to exist.

Back