• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

It definitely wasn't a penalty but I can't find myself caring too much right now. It's fucking hard work watching Wolves and seeing every fucking decision go against us, nice to see one go the way of a team I support for a change.

If you think our punditry is bad PVH and RVV on Dutch tv are like are pair over intoxicated fans giving opinion.

It shouldn't be a foul anywhere on the pitch. Are defenders not allowed to try and block a shot? You may as well not bother defending if that's the case. Ridiculous.
Not with there studs showing, it's an awful attempt at a Block. He just hangs is leg.there with all 6 studs showing he could have ran out to block using his body, instead he lunges with his studs showing at waist height.

Kane hits him, not the other way round. Unfortunate and painful, but never, ever a foul. Anywhere on the pitch. At any time in history. Of course that's not to say they haven't been given, but you can't mitigate for idiots and terrible interpretations of events
If it was F1 they'd describe it as a 'racing incident', it's just a product of two players going for the ball at the same time. The defender isn't out of control or playing in a dangerous way

WAIST HEIGHT

GOAL%20-%20Blank%20WEB%20-%20Facebook%20-%202024-07-10T220508.043.jpg

WAIST HEIGHT

GOAL%20-%20Blank%20WEB%20-%20Facebook%20-%202024-07-10T220508.043.jpg
Kanes jumped both feet off the floor look at his foot in relation to Sakha., and the
Dutch player.
Watch how he lunges towards Kane, watch where he starts the block to where he is on Contact, look at the position of his studs. It's a foul, Called it in real time.

As soon as someone's foot is raised and studs showing its a foul all day

I have to say, I really do think it's a foul.

Dumfries is awfully late, IMO.

Last edited:
Kane hits him, not the other way round. Unfortunate and painful, but never, ever a foul. Anywhere on the pitch. At any time in history. Of course that's not to say they haven't been given, but you can't mitigate for idiots and terrible interpretations of events
Bellingham got booked for a similar challenge later in the game.

I'm not sure whether it's a penalty or not, but the idea that Kane fouled him doesn't work for me.

If you are saying that the contact is a foul (which clearly you are if it is a penalty) then if Kane instigates the contact, ie Kane's swinging boot from the shot contacts Dumfries' studs in the incident) then there is an argument that Kane fouled Dumfries rather than the other way round.

Personally I don't think it should be a foul either way, it's a fair challenge for a ball in the air. But its in the books, so arguing about it doesn't now seem to gain a lot.

If you are saying that the contact is a foul (which clearly you are if it is a penalty) then if Kane instigates the contact, ie Kane's swinging boot from the shot contacts Dumfries' studs in the incident) then there is an argument that Kane fouled Dumfries rather than the other way round.

Personally I don't think it should be a foul either way, it's a fair challenge for a ball in the air. But its in the books, so arguing about it doesn't now seem to gain a lot.
Only comment I'll make is that we have seen free kicks given in the Prem for the same sort of challenge. In the old days it was just an inevitable collision of a player kicking the ball and another player just trying to block. It never used to be a free kick. However, the world has changed. Football has changed. The authorities now instruct referee's that this type of challenge is now a foul. It's complete bollocks IMO but that's where we are. I agree with you entirely that it shouldn't be a foul either way.

Back