• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

We might not be chasing anything at this rate.

Kamindu Mendis looks absolutely fantastic. We’re struggling a bit without Wood here, not much happening.

I think Bairstow's England days are done, but if he was looking to make a point then he's got absolutely sawn off here :D

Not looked who is umpiring there but that’s a dreadful club level decision. I use the word decision lightly as at club level it would be given by a stand in umpire or a cheat, not someone remotely qualified. It’s so ‘not out’ for at least two reasons.

205 to get, a valiant effort by SL second time around (especially having been 1/2) but we're surely going to knock these off.

Three down, lose another two quickly and it’s anyones game. Even Root or a Brook going starts to expose a very long tail. Admittedly it’s a tail that’s performed well recently but nevertheless

Last edited:
Winless in the relegation zone, Warwickshire playing not to lose rather than to win. Robinson needs to go at the end of the season.

England Men's IT20 Squad:

Jos Buttler (Lancashire) - Captain
Jofra Archer (Sussex)
Jacob Bethell (Warwickshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Jordan Cox (Essex)
Sam Curran (Surrey)
Josh Hull (Leicestershire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Liam Livingstone (Lancashire)
Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)
Dan Mousley (Warwickshire)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

England Men's ODI Squad:

Jos Buttler (Lancashire) - Captain
Jofra Archer (Sussex)
Gus Atkinson (Surrey)
Jacob Bethell (Warwickshire)
Harry Brook (Yorkshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire)
Josh Hull (Leicestershire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Matthew Potts (Durham)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Jamie Smith (Surrey)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

I really wish Curran would go away

Quite a few post-2015 perennial picks that I think are probably done for good now in all formats.

Mo, Bairstow, Billings, Malan, Vince, Jordan, Roy (plus Willey and Hales retired last year).

As well as others on the outskirts like Parkinson, T-Curran, the hunchback Overton twins and Banton.

Interesting that there's no Root in the ODI squad, not like he's been particularly overworked.

I suspect Stokes will never play white ball for England again too (I know he's injured anyway).

No Hain in either squad, seems his face just doesn't fit.

The oppositions opener must be spitting blood. 186 and all the attention goes on a man who is 0*.

Saw a suggestion that the oppo opener was a ringer, so the response was a deliberate protest.

Not convinced though. Im on the committee at my local club and if a 1st XI player suddenly drops down to the thirds then questions would be asked. We had a scenario a couple of years back where the 3s needed a win to stay up, the 1s and 2s were safe, but it was very clear that if anyone dropped down the league would consider it cheating and we'd forfeit the match.

Back